“Exceptional Meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we dined here and I must say it is the best Indian food I have ever had. Every dish tastes freshly prepared and seasoned exactly right. The waiter was very friendly, attentive and likable. I only have one beef with this place. Every table has a bottle of Saratoga water on it implying that it is for the diners to enjoy. With no prior notice, a $4 charge is added to your bill for the water if you drink it. This is wrong and they didn’t even offer any ice.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We ordered food for delivery [via Mealeo] from Karavalli last night. The food came on time and was delicious. We'd ordered samosas, sheekh kebab and regada as appetizers chicken tikka masala and shrimp mango curry as entrees along with raita and naan. This came with two servings of rice and papadums and 4 little tubs of condiments. The portions of the entrees were tiny; maybe 5 shrimp and only a few pieces of chicken. Again - the food was delicious - though pricey. And the delivery fee was quite high. I'm guessing the luncheon buffet would be a great deal- and will try that at some point [although parking downtown is always a trial...which is why we had the food delivered].

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Even though I travel over two hours to get to Karavalli from Vermont, it is worth the trip! I keep returning for the lunch and brunch buffets because the food is delicious, and the staff is extraordinarily hospitable. Returning is like being welcomed back home by dear relatives, and the buffet offerings remind me of sharing special holiday meals with a big family. There are abundant choices, each carefully prepared, not like the crass mass produced food more commonly found in restaurant buffets. There are always fresh salads, nicely spiced warm meat and vegetable dishes, an appetizer, and traditional sauces. After trying a dozen or more restaurants in Saratoga Springs, this is by far my favorite, and now I return primarily to visit Karavalli. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018

This was absolutely excellent! The food was outstanding! I can't say enough about it. It is a small place that is a few blocks off Broadway. It is very clean and well maintained. The staff was so friendly and professional. The service was perfect. Rarely do you encounter this type of attention to detail. We were in Saratoga for two nights. We're sorry we didn't return here for a second dinner. If you like Indian, please do yourself a favor and go here.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Travel2Go2000
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Great food - nice selection on the buffet and some different dishes not normally seen on Indian buffets.

Date of visit: May 2018