“Buffet hits the spot”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We'll usually get an itch for some Indian food, and when we do, we hit the Karavalli buffet on the weekend. We've always been pleased with it. As someone who really enjoys Indian food, I'd appreciate it if there was some more variety, but it's hits the spot just the same.

I've eaten off the menu a few times, and also been pleased. Worth a try!

There are newer reviews for Karavalli - Regional Cuisine of India

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I think it might be new owners. The lunch buffet is set in a food service display not so bad but choices are fewer. The new people are friendly, not bad but not wowed.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Excellent Indian food buffet. One squabble: takes forever to get your check. Is it a cultural thing?

Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was my first trip here. My boyfriend brought me after their work group found the restaurant a couple weeks ago. We were greeted immediately, and the entire staff was so accomodating. The food was perfect, the most tender lamb, atmosphere warm, and perfect for a romantic dinner. I will go back, and would refer anyone who likes Indian food and a perfect date dinner, to go.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

After entering the restaurant we stood, waiting to be seated. Several minutes passed while employees walked past, each barely acknowledging us even though there were plenty of empty tables. When an employee finally took notice we were ushered to a table - no smiles, no welcome - just menus and a question "What would you like to drink?

The menu offered a modestly different range of Indian food so we ordered some vegetable gobi for an appetizer and chicken endwallah (sp?) and a vegetable curry dish. We like highly spiced Indian food and the server assured us the food would be so. It wasn't. The vegetable gobi had some "kick" so we were encouraged but the chicken was bland and the vegetable curry had a pleasant sweetness but no bite. Overall, The employees were not friendly or helpful and the food was mediocre. We were disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant to friends.