“Terrible food, way too expensive”

Limoncello Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Terrible food, way too expensive”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent the weekend in Saratoga and had dinner at Limoncello hoping for a nice date. The first thing we noticed was that the service was very intrusive. My veal with wallnuts was overcooked and not tender - the vegetables overcooked and the mashed potatoes (what italian restaurant serves mashed potatoes!)...were uneatable. My girlfriend had Lobster ravioli with scallops. The ravioli were undercooked - and clearly not freshly made and the sauce was very fishy and really unappetizing. We had the Parmasan Eggplant to begin and it was ok - although the portion was tiny.

Everything was served way too fast and the waiters kept interrupting us.

When the bill came we both had to do a double take - it was about twice of what we expected for the kind of food we had - the unmarked specials were clearly more expensive than the rest of the items on the menu, and for what we had it was way, way overpriced.

There seems to be great restaurants in Saratoga, this was not one of them.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LavenderLemon

Wilton, New York
“Was missing something...”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am from one of the old school Italian neighborhoods of Chicago where grandma cooks in the back of the kitchen and her sons, daughters, and grandchildren keep the front of the house - so I get really excited when i get to go to an Italian restaurant I've yet to try. But Limoncello was way too expensive for what we were served. Plus, my group wasn't too crazy with the limited menu selection. The setting was too bourgeois for our liking and I've never set foot back in there. I do wish them the best of luck though - the service was great!

“Limoncello, a touch of Italia in Saratoga”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited Saratoga for a nice Saturday evening date night, bar-hopping and ending up with our reservation at Limoncello Ristorante. We had been there in the summer (track season in full bloom) and enjoyed the atmosphere at an outdoor table for alfresco dining. I loved the bar, a cozy warm spot where they feature their own Limoncello. Our host was warm and welcoming, and when we complimented him on the carbonara (it was as good as any that we had in Italy), he told us he was from Roma; aha...no wonder!! The food was outstanding, service fantastic in the hectic atmosphere, the ambience is Tuscan, and we will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2012
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Nice Place”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food and atmosphere are good. The service was excellent. This is a nice place to have a good basic Italian meal at a reasonable price

Visited October 2012
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Menu was very limited and highly priced. Wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Food was okay but certainly not worth what it cost.

Visited June 2012