“Great deli”

Dining options: Delivery
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great deli”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been going there since I was a kid, never had a problem with the counter staff.

Fave items:
Chicken cesar wrap (they deal with my request to change it up a little every time)
Chicken soft tacos (YUMMMMMMMMMMM)
Chicken quesadilla
Chicken tenders
Any of their soups (perfect in the fall)

I wish they had a shop in Clifton Park! It's not the nicest environment inside to eat in but hey it's a deli what do you expect.

• Visited September 2012

washington state, usa
“Rude Employees”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The sandwich selection was good. I ordered Navy Bean Soup (it was luke warm) and a sandwich. The sandwich was good. Prices were...ehh.. For 2 of us it was 26.00. I watched as the girl at the counter pick her nose and play on her phone...not once did she wash her hands and she was serving food. I was kinda grossed out seeing the kitchen staff had no hair nets or anything. I believe it was the owner who came in while we were there, and employees were all happy, as soon as he left they were back to being surly. As hungrygirl82 said...there are many other food establishments that treat you better. I cannot believe they still are in business with this kind of attitude. Definately avoid no matter how hungry you are.

• Visited October 2012
Schenectady, New York
“Good sandwiches and decent to lousy pizza”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've had the pizza and find that it sucks. The sandwiches are much better and if you need a quick one, you can get it here in a minute or two.

Visited March 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Took us 2 days to find it, but glad we did. Great sandwiches and so original, they're all named after racehorses! A bit of wait when it's busy but worth it.

Visited August 2012
Ballston Spa, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eh Food, Miserable Employees”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've never written a review before on here but felt compelled to do so after dining at this establishment. My husband and I grew up in the area, but recently moved to Malta. It was hot out this past Sunday evening so we looked up sandwich places in Saratoga Springs and found this deli. I ordered a simple turkey sandwich while my husband ordered a chicken Caesar wrap and bacon cheese fries. He specifically asked the girl at the counter if the chicken in the wrap was served hot or cold (he can’t stand wraps with hot chicken in them). The girl told him cold, so he went ahead and placed the order. We sat in the dining area, which was pretty uncomfortable given it was a hot day and they have no air conditioning. Sure enough when our food came out, his wrap (it was actually two smaller wraps instead of one large one) had steaming hot chicken on it. He brought it back up to the counter and politely asked it to be re-made with cold chicken. The same girl who took the order (who was chatting on her cell phone) made no apologies and rudely brought it back to the kitchen staff without hardly a word, let alone a smile. A few minutes later, a girl from the kitchen came out, threw the wrap on our table (again without a word) and walked away. My turkey sandwich was fine – it’s sort of hard to mess that up. The cheese fries, which were very undercooked, were served with a slice of melted American cheese and bacon (we’ve never seen American cheese on fries before like that). Needless to say we were not impressed with those either. It wouldn’t have been such a big deal to us if the counter and kitchen girls were even a little friendly.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right? And service with a smile? It will be a while before we give this place another shot. There are PLENTY of other great sandwich shops in Saratoga with nice, accommodating people that work there.

• Visited August 2012