“Saratoga Arms”
Review of Saratoga Arms

Saratoga Arms
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a first class place. Customer service par excellence. Really good breakfast and clean, lovely rooms. We were late getting a dinner reservation for New Year's Eve - none left in town. They found us a spot we enjoyed very much. Looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen G
There are newer reviews for Saratoga Arms

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stopped in Saratoga Springs for one night on a family trip and can recommend the Saratoga Arms. The staff and the owners here are great, and our room was like the rest of the hotel very well furnished. You're steps away from everything on Broadway but it's nice also to have the quiet and relaxing rooms in the hotel too. As it was snowing we didn't make use of the porch but it would be a great place to sit in during warm weather. The breakfast came with the room and was very nice. We'd go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jim B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Husband and I decided to treat ourselves to an overnight stay at the Saratoga Arms while in town for a Xmas party. We live nearby and have walked by and admired the building many times over the years. It was a delightful stay!. The room was spacious but cozy. Beautifully appointed and although in the middle of a busy city, very quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnn F
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I decided to head to Saratoga Springs for a belated anniversary get away. We were very happy with our choice to stay at the Saratoga Arms. Our room was well appointed and nicely decorated. We most definitely appreciated the extras - the complimentary Saratoga Spring water (both sparkling & non-carbonated), the regular size Dove bar of soap, make-up towel & bath robes. Additionally, there was a fridge/freezer outside of our room for ice & I also stored my dinner left overs there. My husband went to see if a cork screw was available and he was given a sturdy one along with 2 wine glasses. We took advantage of the binder of dinner menus and made reservations at a recommended restaurant within walking distance. Breakfast in the morning was excellent - fresh & homeade. I enjoyed the steel cut oats/toppings and the spinach mushroom quiche was outstanding. My husband had the featured egg dish from the kitchen and the service was prompt. The owners have done a wonderful job of refurbishing this beautiful old building and the location is ideal if you want to be within walking distance of all that this quaint little city has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

When Hurricane Sandy roared through town and knocked out our power, my son and I took a road trip to visit family in Saratoga. I selected the Saratoga Arms because of a recommendation by my cousin and the great reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. We called the same day for a reservation and because it was off season we were able to get a room with two beds with no problem. As a special bonus, they sent detailed directions to my ipad so we could navigate some tricky back roads. The room was charming, updated and comfortable. The beds and bathrobes were extremely comfortable. I am always pleased when they offer a full bar of soap in the bathroom and they had a black towel specifically to take off make-up. The little touches really make a difference. There was off road parking and spots easily available adjacent to the hotel. And after we parked, we were able to walk through the adorable town where I spent far too much money at the little shops. The hotel did offer a restaurant recommendation and we enjoyed a wonderful meal. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. I certainly intend to come back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We travel to Saratoga often but had never stayed at the Saratoga Arms. We found it to be a lovely combination of B&B charm with modern ammenities. The location on Broadway is perfect, but I'm not sure If we would have felt that way during high summer season with large crowds on the street. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very accomodating. We arrived fairly late on a busy weekend with no dinner reservations so we just picked up sandwiches from our favorite deli (Putnam Market.) Rather than eating in our room, the staff set a table for us with china and linen near the fireplace. The owners are on-site and obviously take pride in their property.

Room Tip: There are some lovely suites at street level but there is a lot of traffic, auto and foot, on broadw...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marty S
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed in this Hotel in late October for two nights with my wife. It is centrally located and had off street parking for us. Really and enjoyable stay, and the family run nature of this hotel shines through. Was greeted and shown to our room by the proprietor. The hotel is very clean and well furnished with a attention to detail, Very comfortable room with little extra things like lip balm and both carbonated and noncarbonated water provided without additional charge.

Breakfast with notable. Homemade baked good like blueberry muffins and cinnamon buns, fresh squeezed juices and a really scrumptious breakfast from the kitchen like eggs and oven potatoes with canadian bacon. The mushroom spinach quiche that my wife had the best crust on it she had ever tasted. We felt welcomed and well taken care of and will certainly return here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple