“The nicest boutique hotel we have ever stayed in.”
Review of Saratoga Arms

Saratoga Arms
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
“The nicest boutique hotel we have ever stayed in.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The comfort of a 5 star hotel the charm & intimacy. Of a bed and breakfast. Can't wait to come back. The room is comfortable. So nicely decorated. The hotel. Is very. Charming. Located walking distance. To many great restaurants. Can't wait to recommend it to my friends

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Torrington, CT
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here with my daughter while attending her best friend's destination wedding.

Pros: The location can't be beat. We wanted the "Old Saratoga" experience, and they gave us that in spades. Yet the bathroom and elevator were updates that were done very well. Evertything was IMMACULATE. Elegant yummy breakfast (you must have a cinnamin muffin!) Make some time to just sit on the front porch and people watch. Hands down the best front porch I saw, (or I should say veranda as it is quite spacious)

Cons: Hardly anything. It is pricey, but look where you are. If I have to give contructive criticism: The rooms are beautifully decorated, the walls a lovely color, with neat trim. There are matching draperies and bed linens. The drapes are still appropriate, they have a timelessness about them. Yet the cut of the bedspread/shams/bedskirt needs updating. Rather than turn of the century, they are more 1980s. Still, they of high quality and are hardly worn, so I can see why they are still there.

Would definitely stay again, and have already told my husband next August we should do so.

Room Tip: Parking! The Saratoga Arms is on a corner on Broadway. Heading north, make left just past the hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed one night at the Saratoga Arms. It is a great, small hotel. The owner met me at the door when I arrived, and check-in was efficient and pleasant. The room was large, spotless, and well-appointed. The bathroom was modern and also spotless. The towels were plush and the bedding was very comfortable. The room rate included free WiFi, Dish network, free, full breakfast, and free parking. And, you cannot beat the location, right on Broadway (the main street in town), across the street from City Center. All in all, this hotel is just a notch below 5 star. If you are in the Saratoga Springs area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Erastus10
charlestown
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Every year since they opened we have celebrated Travers week end at Saratoga Arms. It is a wonderful way to catch up with friends who, like us, continue to spend this special week end at this lovely Inn. The Smith family treats us like family, remembering our preferences and ensuring we have a great visit...every time. Very nice morning ritual at breakfast - comparing notes, hearing about the wins and losses from the previous day , planning the races for the day... Then it is off to the races - a very easy trip from this incredibly convenient location. After dinner (most likely recommended and reserved by the knowledgable staff) is the second ritual of the day - relaxing and catching up with fellow guests and race enthusiasts on the beautiful porch. Great memories.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scott f
West Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We did not get to stay at Saratoga Arms but I had to write about the wonderful staff at the hotel, so had to check off a few things that I honestly don't know about.. food, etc. Friends of ours who live in town highly recommended the hotel to us so I know it would have been wonderful.

We had reservations to stay at Saratoga Arms for our anniversary and also to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. A week before our stay my husband ended up in the hospital with appendicitis, at 80 years old. The Saratoga Arms owners were so kind about their cancellation policy when I called with our problem. We look forward to trying again in the Spring. Thanks to the Saratoga Arms folks, I appreciate your kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I used to stay at the Adelphi until I discovered this gem. A charming, impeccably-maintained country inn. The owners and staff go out of their way to make my stay a pleasure -- from making reservations (and recommendations) at local restaurants to providing interesting nuggets about Saratoga itself and my personal passion, horseracing.

I have seen how they welcome each guest personally at breakfast, deliciously cooked to order and served at your table, not to mention a buffet table laden with goodies. (Included in the price of your room)

They are kind enough to arrange to give me the same room every year (I call it My Room).
It's like my home away from home.

I would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am a long time fan of The Smith Family. They are professional inn-keepers and do a wonderful job keeping their guests happy. All their rooms are tastefully decorated, whether they be suites or smaller rooms. They have just thought of everything. Chef Noel prepares a sumptious breakfast every morning and my tummy is full as I go off to the races. Apres races, it is delightful to sit on the front porch with all the wicker and geraniums and meet with friends. I look forward to my return visit.

Room Tip: try not to face noisy Broadway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo