“A first class operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saratoga Arms

Saratoga Arms
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
West Simsbury, Connecticut
“A first class operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We did not get to stay at Saratoga Arms but I had to write about the wonderful staff at the hotel, so had to check off a few things that I honestly don't know about.. food, etc. Friends of ours who live in town highly recommended the hotel to us so I know it would have been wonderful.

We had reservations to stay at Saratoga Arms for our anniversary and also to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. A week before our stay my husband ended up in the hospital with appendicitis, at 80 years old. The Saratoga Arms owners were so kind about their cancellation policy when I called with our problem. We look forward to trying again in the Spring. Thanks to the Saratoga Arms folks, I appreciate your kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I used to stay at the Adelphi until I discovered this gem. A charming, impeccably-maintained country inn. The owners and staff go out of their way to make my stay a pleasure -- from making reservations (and recommendations) at local restaurants to providing interesting nuggets about Saratoga itself and my personal passion, horseracing.

I have seen how they welcome each guest personally at breakfast, deliciously cooked to order and served at your table, not to mention a buffet table laden with goodies. (Included in the price of your room)

They are kind enough to arrange to give me the same room every year (I call it My Room).
It's like my home away from home.

I would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am a long time fan of The Smith Family. They are professional inn-keepers and do a wonderful job keeping their guests happy. All their rooms are tastefully decorated, whether they be suites or smaller rooms. They have just thought of everything. Chef Noel prepares a sumptious breakfast every morning and my tummy is full as I go off to the races. Apres races, it is delightful to sit on the front porch with all the wicker and geraniums and meet with friends. I look forward to my return visit.

Room Tip: try not to face noisy Broadway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cape Cod, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in 2008 and it seems to have gotten shabby since then. In our $600/night room, (Traver's weekend) the bedspread and drapes seemed dated; the vanity mirror was rusted, the toilet seat wasn't on securely, the matress wasn't new or top quality, the pillows were uncomfortable, the covered porch wasn't swept. We enjoy Select Registry hotels and this isn't in the same league.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Davcan
Everett2, General Manager at Saratoga Arms, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
This guest made an online booking for a king room at the racing season nightly rate of $469.00. Saratoga Arms is a small family run boutique hotel that prides itself on customer service and satisfaction. We believe it is appropriate to address each of the above issues:

-All of our room interiors are professionally designed with custom designer fabrics, quality linens and hand-benched furnishings -- combining a true Saratoga atmosphere with all the modern amenities of a concierge hotel.

-There is always someone on duty round the clock who is well trained to happily assist a guest for any request or issue.

-Toilet seats do occasionally come loose and a quick call to the desk would have remedied this immediately.

There are six Pacific Coast pillows -- a top of the line brand -- on every king size bed of various size fills and hypoallergenic. We also have a generous supply of extra pillows upon request.

-Our mattresses are premier quality Sealy Posturepedic Dynasty Plush mattresses, which are hospitality grade, and not available in stores. We have received so many compliments from guests that we’ve instituted a Mattress Purchase Program directly through the manufacturer and many guests have ordered them for their private residences.

-We missed the tiny rust spot on the vanity makeup mirror, for which we apologize and have since replaced.

-Our beautiful wrap-around porch is surrounded by large fabulous hanging baskets of impatiens. Housekeeping tends to the porch throughout the day, but if it is breezy, nature sometimes thwarts our best of efforts and a few petals may blow around a bit.

My family and our entire staff are grateful that so many of our first time and many repeat guests have taken time to extend their compliments on TripAdvisor. They continually recognize our Saratoga Arms Hotel as a highly rated, “uniquely top-notch,” and beautifully maintained boutique hotel. We proudly display the difficult to earn “Select Registry” designation and continually strive to offer superior guest experiences.

Amy Smith
Saratoga Arms
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Saratoga Arms for a long weekend to see the races and enjoy the town. Highlights include: a very nice breakfast, a quiet and spacious room (at the back of the hotel,) and the easy proximity to the restaurants and fun of Saratoga Springs.
The issues are minimal---only 8 parking spots in a lot across the street; takes a little work to get your luggage into the hotel (use the side door.)
Be sure to request a room in the back of the hotel to avoid the road noise from Broadway.
The people at this hotel (from top to bottom) were unfailingly positive, helpful, and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were lucky enough to have another hotel foul up our reservation that had been made 4 months earlier, and we found Saratoga Arms on very short notice. As such, we didn't have the opportunity to select one of the higher end rooms, but the room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable, and everything we needed. The location is perfect, right in the heart of downtown restaurants and shopping and easy to get to the race track. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They made restaurant reservations for us, even at one restaurant that doesn't take reservations from the public. The pastries at breakfast are reason enough to stay here. The Saratoga Arms turned what started out as a stressful experience, into one of the best long weekend get-aways we've ever had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Saratoga Arms while looking at Skidmore. We arrived after a long day.The hotel gave us a large,quiet room in the back. I asked the hotel to book a massage which was very relaxing-When we came down to leave for dinner the owner of the hotel offered to walk us to our restaurant - It was a very busy night as the horse races were starting the next day.
She was so kind and thoughtful-I have stayed at very nice hotels and the only place that had such wonderful service i can remember was the Cipriani Hotel in Venice.The next morning i was able to meet other family members that worked in the hotel-They were all helpful and welcoming.At breakfast everyone's wishes were met.I would return to the hotel in a heartbeat-it was clean,quiet,
served delicious food and had excellent service.

Room Tip: I liked our room in the back with a tiny balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family