“Nothing better!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My favorite pizza since I was a little girl, I have never had better! I wish there were a Pope's in Troy NY! I would not change a thing!

1  Thank JoleRod

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We are locals and this is my favorite pizza place in the area. I've tried them all. I grew up in Long Island and could not find any NYC type pizza up here until we found Popes.

We almost always order delivery. This is a popular place, especially weekend nights, so expect it to take a long time. It's also sometimes hard to get thru on the phone on a Friday night.

I've only eaten in the actual restaurant a few times. Typical pizza joint atmosphere, service is not overwhelmingly great, feels a little disgruntled, which I also think is somewhat typical of a pizza joint...almost charming how they don't really care. I only say that because I like the pizza. If the pizza was bad I would think they were rude.

Wings are not good. Under done and therefore little soggy. Most times I get bad wings it's because they are not crisp enough, and that's the case here. I don't know why restaurants don't get this...cook the wings longer, make them crisp.

If you want the closest thing to NYC pizza order Pope's delivery.

Tip: Order your pizza w/ extra cheese - this, to me, makes it more like NYC pizza. Really good.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stopped for dinner and I ordered a calzone and she ordered a ziti and meatball dinner. My calzone was very good....properly cooked and very tasty. Sauce comes on the side in a gravy dish so you add as much or as little as you like. I like a lot so I used most of it. The sauce was on the sweet side but I like that so it wasn't a problem. My wife was okay with her dinner but it was far from great but not totally bad. She enjoyed her salad very much though with tons of black olives on it. Both of our dinners with drinks came to around $21 so it was pretty inexpensive.
The ambience is low end pizza joint but we weren't there for that, we just wanted to eat some good food. The place had a decent crowd with most of the booths filled but only one waitress for the entire place so service was rather slow. Some folks actually walked out after waiting a while with no attention. The family at the table next to us had a funny experience too.....the mother and father each ordered a dinner but their teen son ordered a small pizza expecting it to be personal size.....it was HUGE.....could have fed the entire family and still had left overs!
Anyways....overall, the food was good, service was lacking and the place really could use a major renovation.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Very very good, quick delivery and cheap price. Tip your delivery guy well!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We only had the pizza once. We have heard people rave about it. Ours wasn't even average. There was nothing remarkable, as far as crust sauce, cheese, nothing. It could have been just a bad night but it will be a long time before we give it another shot.

1  Thank ohtracey2010