“Perfect location and Super Clean”
Review of The Springs Motel

The Springs Motel
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I are in the hotel industry so when we walked in our room and had that WOW moment we new we chose the right place to stay. The distance to the center of the village was walkable so we enjoyed that as well.

The pool was perfect! The front desk staff were very friendly
I recommend this motel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R S

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The good reviews are spot on. The room is spacious and clean. The beds were firm and comfortable we got a great two nights sleep on them. The bathroom is just the toilet and bath, the sink is in the main area with a large counter. Water pressure is very good and you can adjust the shower head for a light spray to a harder massage stream. Great for getting soap and conditioner out of your hair.

We spent a lot of time in the the beautiful pool. The grounds and pool are well-maintained. The service is friendly and unobtrusive. The location is perfect and you can walk to the main area on Broadway with all the shops and eateries.

Large mini-frideg, good blow dryer, there is also a coffee maker, but we didn't use it. Air conditioner worked great and the room was nice smelling, no musty odors at all. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: If you can choose a room away from the road, great. If not, no worries it's still very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tonic67
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed two nights and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Clean. Comfortable. A gem. And the price is right. The pool is great. You can walk downtown. The housekeeper made sure we had what we need. Absolutely no complaints.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tiz56
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Eight of us stayed here the weekend of June 22nd as we all met to take in the Tom Petty show over the SPAC. No complaints whatsoever. The staff were wonderful hosts including the housekeeper Kathy who gave us many hints about getting around. She was a doll. There was a convenience store across the road where we beered and iced up. SPAC was a $20.00 cab ride and well worth it as we had consumed way too much alcohol to drive.
Loved the city, likely the most fun as a group that we ever had.
Thanks for the free WIFI!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Exposforever
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed in The Springs Motel on several occaisions, most recently June 1-June 9 of 2013. I stayed also for a week in 1999 and 2000. I lived there for over a month back in 1975 while I was waiting to settle on a home I'd purchased nearby. I've always found the motel to meet my all of my needs.

The owner/manager, Karl, has become more like a friend than someone with whom I would share a typical motel management-guest relationship. Always concerned that our needs were being met, he would stop by daily to ensure we needed nothing.

Whenever returning to Saratoga Springs for any reason, The Springs Motel will be my choice of accommodations. I just stay clear of the region during the August thoroughbred horse-racing season, when the prices for everything in the area skyrocket. I have a room preference, and it's been met on each occaision I've stayed.

Room Tip: I prefer an end-downstairs room, and have had that assigned in the past. Although "my room&quo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WCLamb
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Sorry for the mixed metaphor, but it was impossible finding a reasonably priced room in Saratoga for a one-night Skidmore College visit. The motel prices were ridiculous and it wasn't even racing season. The Springs Motel looked like a potential alternative and it certainly came through. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. the bathroom was a little tight but the towels were far above average. Our hosts were incredibly friendly. Using the money we saved with a great rate, we had breakfast in town at one of the over-priced artsy-fartsy coffee shops before heading to the college tour. My daughter will not be going to Skidmore but if she were we would stay at The Springs Motel every time we visited.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank meatslinger
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just stayed at this motel, as we do every year, for our annual weekend in Saratoga. Once again we were highly pleased with our stay. The owners and employees go above and beyond to ensure all of their guests are content. No, this isn't a full-service hotel with all the glamorous bells and whistles, but it is clean, efficient and cost-effective! I continue to return to this motel year after year, and i have to admit, i do love my bells and whistles, but for a quick weekend stay, the springs really does do the trick! we also love to sit on the little porch/balcony! not many motels these days offer that! :)

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are nice - more enjoyable when sitting on the balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends