“Fabulous 30-day stay.”

Residence Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Relocating to New York From Colorado for my husband's job, I was less than thrilled but optimistic none the less. One of the biggest pluses was staying at the Residence Inn. We have a great Dane and two kiddos and all three were thrilled!
The front desk staff is really kind and, during the week, my kiddos, our dog, and I trek for breakfast and chat with the staff. My oldest son, 4, loves to visit his friends downstairs. And the neighbors we have that are also here long-term. It feels like home when home is so far away.
The housekeeping staff are excellent as well. I'm totally going to miss them when we move into our new place!
I really don't have any complaints. Everyone smiles and knows our names. And I always worry it's because our dog is sort of not easy to forget. But I see the way the staff are with everyone and, maybe it's because the guests here are often extended stay folk, but the staff make it a point to get to know their guests and it's really nice.
We've used the shuttle to go to the downtown a lot, as well, and the drivers are great. I've been given some great ideas for adventures with the kiddos during the week and family outings on the weekend. It's made the move from colorful Colorado not so bad.
I totally think I'll keep in touch with a few of the fabulous folk here!

Room Tip: The rooms were all recently renovated so they all have a great set-up and the hallways are really qu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicole-a-Saurus

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Wow! New renovations make the this ResInn even better.. The most comfortable,welcoming place. Love the free breakfast and the huge rooms with mini kitchens and living rooms. ResInn is always our 1st choice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family traveled to bring Christmas to our son. Even though, the hotel was working with a skeleton crew, the staff made everything possible for us to have an unforgettable time. We cooked two full meals for 18 people. Mr. Kendall and Gary (from the front desk) provided us with table clothes, and supplies to serve our guests. It was cold and snowing, they kept the premises dry and clean at all times. Ms. Laura, made necessary arrangements for our group to feel comfortable. Thank you Residence Inn, we had our white Christmas with our sailor son!! The accommodations were perfect, and the kitchens were stocked with all type of utensils that we used to cook our meals.

Room Tip: We had three rooms on the third floor. Two connecting and one across the hall. All were comfortable...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lemmons2013
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our stay there was fine enough, but there were aspects that just weren't great.

Pros: Excellent staff, very friendly. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. The bed was comfortable and the TV was nice. I like the new decor, esp. the rugs.

Cons: When I was taking a shower I looked up and there was a used washcloth hanging off the shower rod. Maybe the housekeeper left it there, but chances are it was overlooked from a previous guest. Also, the shower curtain liner was way too long, so I was stepping on it in the shower. The bed was made poorly, so when the covers were drawn back you could see the bare mattress. The sofa was really uncomfortable. Also, the hotel entrance was hard to find from the road.

I would stay here again, but just thought some of these "cons" were significant enough to mention.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room was recently renovated, though not in the jewel tones I love in some of the other Marriott Residence Inns; however, the super friendly staff, freshly baked cookies, great breakfast buffet with plenty of healthy choices, and in-room gas fireplace made our stay just wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovate room as all of them have not yet been done.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband is here on business. Yes, I am writing this review from my hotel room, December 4, 2013. We will be here until mid December . . . . unfortunately.

My husband travels up to 80% of the time for business, so I know the difference between a nice hotel room and a not-so-nice hotel room.

We've had a couple of issues with plumbing and the staff (front desk and maintenance) responded and are very polite and competent. One thing we mentioned, that has been overlooked, is the fact that even housekeeping commented how "sad" our pillows are. My husband mentioned it to the front desk at the same time that he mentioned our plumbing problem and the pillow issue was ignored and just laughed off.

The bed, as one other guest mentioned, is waaaaaaaaaay too small for two people, so I too am sleeping on the couch. A filthy couch. Stains on both sides of the cushions. The cushions are also flat and the couch is not fit for sitting on. The roll-away inside the couch, however, is quite comfortable, but the bag of bedding left in the closet is filthy. There are long black hairs and short, coarse hairs on the blanket (ICK!). To remedy this, I am going to wash the blanket/sheets, myself, today. The contrast in color between the sheets in the bag o' bedding and the sheets on the bed is disgusting too. The sheets/pillowcases are noticeably gray.

The bathroom is in need of a facelift. The tub is chipped and the tile is cracked. The toilet would not stop running, but maintenance was quick to remedy the toilet problem. Thank you, maintenance!

The carpeting in the room looks grimy. I'm afraid to walk on it with my bare feet. Fortunately, I brought lots of socks and house slippers.

The kitchen floor has a spill on it that hasn't been cleaned and I don't assume it will be. Housekeeping (although they were very pleasant and friendly) were in and out of our room in five minutes. They threw out trash, replaced towels and made the bed. The dirty carpet was not vacuumed (not that it would help) and the floor was not mopped. They left no coffee and did not empty the coffee pot. My guess is that it's not part of their job duties since it IS a "Residence Inn."

Most Residence Inns are pretty stingy with paper towels (weird) and I have to yell at my husband to use Kleenex to blow his nose instead of toilet paper (what it's for anyway) because they are a little stingy with the toilet paper too. It wouldn't be an issue, but I am in the room almost all day.

Renovation is still going on in this hotel, but it has moved from the 4th floor to the second, indicating that they are done with the 4th floor. I wish they would renovate the rooms too instead of just the common areas. Our room is in very sad shape.

I wish I could give a better review because the staff members are really nice, but the room condition is disgusting and the staff's ability to help is limited.

I like to try to find good in all places I visit and make the best of my stay, but this hotel is less than adequate.

Room Tip: If you are able, get a larger room. If you are planning to sleep two people to a room, you WILL nee...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eyelovetotraveltwo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this hotel when deciding to split our drive from Buffalo to Vermont during the Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms were recently remodeled and were beautiful! I was impressed with the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds and even the pullout couch where my teenager slept. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, the hotel was quiet and clean everywhere. The breakfast was probably the best complimentary hotel breakfast we've ever had. The evening front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating and helped us to search for the best price for our room. Great place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family