“Love the Saratoga Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
ny
“Love the Saratoga Residence Inn”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have stayed here for the past 5 years for 2-3 nights during racing season. One room (two or three bedroom) for us and our three children and another for my Father-n-law. The breakfast is wonderful, they always seem to have dinner as well (an added bonus after a long day at the track), and the rooms are always impeccably clean. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. We took advantage of the shuttle to the track for the first time last year, and it was easy and very convenient! Our kids also love a quick dip in the indoor pool in the evenings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel, with wife and daughter. Overall the place was nice. Location is quite away from town by Saratoga standards, but is really just a 5 minute drive, so while you cannot walk into town, not a big deal to get there.

I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant - not sure what others had issues with, but they were fine with me. Rooms were on the small side by Residence Inn standards, but were clean and everything worked fine.

Has an indoor pool, which is also on a small scale, but was fine for one night.

Overall, if you need a place with multiple Bedrooms, and don't mind driving into town, I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RobBflo1
CT
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Top shelf across the board.

Saratoga Springs is an amazing place ... Obviously the horses and events are a great attraction. But there is sooo much more there to satisfy your taste for adventure. Downtown is always a hub of activity, Saratoga State Park. Lake George. The Adirondacks. The Catskills. In the off season, there is plenty of x-c skiing, local downhill resorts and one amazing New Years’ celebration. For me, the best part is the comfort we have at the Residence Inn.

I have stayed with Bob Herrold and Leslie Miller at the Residence for an average of 4 months every year since 2005. It was a troubling time for me in the beginning as far as accommodations were concerned. At that point in time, Leslie called ME, she set me up for an experience that is what I measure every other hotel to. They have been the most accommodating people (not chain, but people) I have ever worked with. They have also, and more importantly, been the most accommodating staff for my vacation stays, too. My wife and I spend a good amount of time riding our motorcycle in the Adirondacks and always use the Residence as our base. We may be biased, but when something works, you stick with it.

Breakfast every morning (not continental, but full eggs to oatmeal to fruit to pastries), social evenings 4 nights each week, coffee, tea, juice and anything else you could ask for at a snap ... 3 different newspapers daily, concierge service ... they even will do your grocery shopping for you at no extra charge!

Is this hotel a five star resort? No. Is it my home away from home, a place where I can relax, where I am made comfortable, a place where work gets washed away ... where I have home like comforts, where the staff knows what I like and makes sure it is right before I have to ask a question? Do I receive 5 star service?

ABSOLUTELY!

You want hoity toity … go somewhere else. You want attention, family, honesty attention to detail and comfort …

RESIDENCE INN, SARATOGA SPRINGS NEW YORK.

Contact me, I’ll tell you why.

Room Tip: Call the hotel if you reserve online. Often rooms are available that web sites do not know of.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Charlestown, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Living "on the road" is difficult to do, with juggling work assignments, managing newly set up living accommodations and making the best of being away from family and friends. I have worked on the road for most of this year and have averaged four months per year for the last seven years.

Whenever I stay at the Residence Inn in Saratoga Springs, NY, I know it will be a good one. The location is close to town and the major shopping district, the facility is kept impeccably clean, and it is always refreshing to take a quick dip in the large swimming pool.

Bob is the general manager and takes pride in serving his visitors. It is not unusual to see Bob cooking on the grill for an evening

dining event or socializing on monday night with his favorite sports picks. We have also entered into some geopolitical and stock topics over the years.

Bob and Leslie (sales manager) are an excellent team to handle the unique day to day problems of a hotel of that size. Anytime I have challenged them with a concern they have dispatched it swiftly and efficiently. I will stay there again and again.

chaz

Room Tip: The staff will help select the best room for every situation
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2011

we had a lot of multiple issue including no AC in the room, the hotel is really unclean and dirty, the staff was very unprofessional
i wouldn’t advise anyone going there

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank americanpeople
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Had to sleep on the couch because the only bed in the room was too small for two people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed at the Saratoga Springs Residence Inn at the end of May and asked to have a room type upgraded upon arrival. Even though the Manager and Front Desk Clerk confirmed that the room type in question was available and even though I was willing to pay to have it upgraded, they refused to accommodate my request.. They argued that since I booked the room through an online travel service, there was no way that they could change my room type.

Does it make sense that a hotel is unable to upgrade your room when they admit that they had a 75% rate of vacancy for that night?

Another guest who arrived at the hotel while I was discussing this situation with the Front Desk Clerk advised me that he had tried to get a room at the Hampton Inn not far away from this hotel and that it was completely full (i.e. 0% vacancy). I wonder why that was the case? Maybe I am not the only guest who has been disappointed by this hotel's service or lack thereof.

Besides the inability of this hotel to upgrade my room, the room was fairly clean besides finding lipstick on 2 glasses in the kitchenette which was quite disgusting. The staff was fairly courteous besides the fact that they were quite inflexible. The breakfast was also fairly decent.

In summary, I am giving this hotel the lowest rating because the level of service is extremely low in my opinion. It might be the Residence Inn culture that is like this but that is not my problem. I just know that all of the hotels in which I have stayed in the past were able to accomodate simple requests like the one I made for a room upgrade but that these folks were not able to do so.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends