“Beautiful location, close to activities yet removed and quiet”

Saratoga Farmstead B&B
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The atmosphere was very quiet and calm. We were welcomed warmly and provided with a delicious farm to table breakfast. We picked our own apples and enjoyed the surrounding activities including hiking around geysers and rivers, eating in town and walking through the local farmers market. The price is a bit high but well worth it. We had a short stay but could easily have enjoyed a few more days there.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Saratoga Farmstead B&B

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Marianna and Rosemary were very welcoming over the telephone. When we met them both in person their friendliness and caring to make each guest comfortable shone thru. The food was wonderfully prepared with all local foods, most from their gardens. The presentation was equal to any I've experienced in the finest of restaurants. Marianna explained all ingredients used as she placed our breakfasts before us. I would recommend that anyone who is looking to have a peaceful getaway, while being close to all that Saratoga Springs has to offer, stay at this B&B. We were there for The Travers, and while we enjoyed the chaos at the track we were happy to know that we had a quiet setting to enjoy upon our return. Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: We had the Garden Room; I am sure any one of their rooms would have been equally delightful. There w...
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great food, room and hosts. They could not be nicer. Food was outstanding. Very clean. This should be your first choice. Excellent for. Friends, family or business. Great value, especially during Track Season. Since it is on 10+ acres of farmland, it is very peaceful. The well water was amazing too.

Room Tip: Look at rooms on line as they are all different.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I knew that I was going to enjoy my stay at the Saratoga Farmstead from the moment I spoke to Marianna on the telephone. Her warmth and friendliness convinced me that I had selected the right place to stay for our time in Saratoga Springs. It got even better when we met Marianna and Rosemary in person, saw their lovely home and checked in to our beautiful, comfortable room. It was a step back in time with all the comforts you would want on a vacation. The only thing missing was a TV (my partner and I are TV addicts!), but we had such a good time we didn't miss it. The comfortable parlor room was stocked with snacks, soft drinks and local wines and beers - what a treat! Best of all, you wake up to a fabulous farm to table breakfast prepared by two chefs. It really doesn't get better than this. If you're considering a stay in Saratoga, give Marianna and Rosemary a call. It's the first step toward creating a wonderful, memorable experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We found this perfectly lovely B&B to be the perfect spot to stay in Saratoga. Just far enough out of town to miss all of the tourist chaos downtown yet easily convenient to the race track, restaurants or anything else. Rosemary and Mariana were the perfect hosts and the daily breakfasts were delightful. The accommodations were delightful. We will definitely go back again when we return to Saratoga.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My stay here was nice and the Innkeepers were pleasant enough but overall, I found this B&B disappointing.

First, I'll just say that the property was beautiful and you really feel like you're in the country. The only sounds you hear at night are the crickets and locusts and you wake up to the birds chirping. It's quite nice. Breakfast was complete and delicious.

As for the negative, my allergies kicked in as soon as I walked through the front door - the house is old and has a somewhat musty air about it. That happens though. Our room had bare basics and had not been renovated or updated in many years - most apparent from the sunken in mattress. The room was clean but felt old. The towels were so scratchy, it hurt to dry off. This is the stuff that really gets me. One night cost about $350 after taxes - just that one night's income would buy enough fresh towels at TJ Maxx (about a 5 min drive) for the entire house. It's the little things that can make your stay so much more pleasant.

Mariana was very helpful in recommending restaurants and calling for reservations. I imagine that it must be a lot of work running a B&B so I don't really like to criticize but after reading so many positive reviews, I was a bit disappointed and expected better accommodations.

I wish I liked this B&B more because the property was really so pretty but it just wasn't up to par.

1  Thank SparkyNYC
SaratogaFarmstead, Owner at Saratoga Farmstead B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We are so sorry that this guest was less than satisfied by our B&B. I think it was a true case of a mismatching of guest and lodging establishment. This guest seemed to be anticipating a luxury establishment and we are quite the opposite. Luxury is available in Saratoga Springs at about twice the price of our accommodations.

We are not a glamorous property. This is, after all, an 1850's farmhouse. But what we do offer, we offer with big hearts and open minds on a very beautiful piece of land. We are fortunate when our guests share our vision and enjoy our home and hospitality. And, to set the record straight, every single year during off season, each and every room is restored, remodeled and improved upon. Not with new furniture, but with vintage pieces hunted down in antique shops, on Craig's list and yard sales, then lovingly restored and placed where guests can enjoy them too.

Our goal is to create an old-fashioned and relaxed country atmosphere in the midst of the very busy city of Saratoga Springs. Most folks seem to think that we are creating an oasis here on this 10 acres. That truly is our vision.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just a wonderful place to stay. Incredibly clean and comfortable.The property is an old yet roomy farmhouse, only about 3 miles from downtown Saratoga Springs. Rosemary and Mariana are warm, friendly and engaging. The breakfasts, prepared with local ingredients (some even grown on the farm) were delicious. We didn't want to leave. So peaceful there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family