“off to the races”

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Maywood, New Jersey
“off to the races”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have been coming here for the last ten years during the racing season. It isn't in town but we prefer being away from the crowds. We love the spa. The rooms could use a facelift. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go for the lawn suites, roomier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tigressa8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Grafton, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I made a reservation on October 21st for a one night stay on December 31st. I was signed up for the 5K in Saratoga and thought my family could enjoy First Night. I took half a day off from work and drove with my family over an hour to get there. When I arrived I was told that there were no reservations on file under my name. I went to my car to grab my phone and I showed the lady working there my confirmation email with the confirmation code. She looked up my code and said that my reservation was cancelled. I told her that I never cancelled it. She said her system showed that it was cancelled yesterday. She said my room was no longer available. She only had one room left and it was a king bed. I asked if we would get it for the same price and she said no it will be $10 more. I was so tired, mad, and frustrated we decided to leave and drive all the way back home. Seriously?? How can this happen? And there was no apology, no accommodation, no explanation. If you do decide to stay here, be sure to continuously call them and check the status of your reservation. But my recommendation, just don't stay here. You can find plenty of hotels closer to downtown that will not cancel your reservation without notice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank okinawanqt
Lovingston, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

very clean, nice décor, friendly staff, and a very good bargain for the price. we were given an upgrade to a room on the second floor which in spite of being toward the road was very quite because it was buffered by the hallway.
we did not have time to enjoy the hot tub sadly but bet it would have been good too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan W
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed overnight to enjoy the last weekend of Saratoga race season. My husband & I love the Saratoga Springs area. This was our first time at the Roosevelt and we will be back. We stayed in a standard room just across from the pool. The room was an older and had no frills but very clean and spacious. The staff at front desk were terrific! They went out of their way to make you comfortable and were friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacationfun01
RooseveltSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are always thrilled to hear nice things about our rooms as our housekeeping staff takes great pride in the upkeep of the room standards. We look forward to having you stay again with us.
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was given a wonderful "courtesy upgrade" at an off-peak season rate. This suite would have been perfect for a longer stay than my 2 days. Plus there was sleeping and relaxing room for 2 or 3 additional people, including a second TV in a bedroom which could be separated by heavy curtains. I enjoyed my whirlpool bathtub, the top of the line amenities, my own balcony, LOTS of closet space, and was pleased to have Maxwell House coffee rather than the generic packets most hotels offer in-room. I want to come back again to use the spa and workout facilities I had to forego this time, only because I spent time instead to, from and at an ER and orthopedic surgeon's office after my grandson broke his wrist. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the room and common areas spotless. The quiet, rural location was also convenient to both downtown Saratoga , where I attended a concert, and my daughter's home about half an hour south.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your stay in April. I hope that your grandson is feeling better and his arm healed. I am glad that you liked your suite so much and hope that when you return to visit your family that you will stay with us again.
Fairport, New York, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel. Our suite was beautiful and spotless! The pool and hot tub were both clean and clear. I will be staying there again and highly recommend this hotel if you are travelling in this area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay. Glad that you had such a good time and hope you come back soon!
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel to get wayand relax. Clean, beautiful rooms. Easy location, right off the main road. The spa is convienient, clean and has a beautiful pool. They sell packages that will be to everyone's liking and budget. There is a resturant next door and a Stewart's mini mart.
It's just a five minute ride into Saratoga, There's golfing, parks, antique shops, music venues and tons of little shops to explore. Skidmore College is close by. There are also a few malls and shopping centers nearby. The racetrack is in Saratoga. Race season is very busy but the rest of the year is nice.

Room Tip: There are several to choose from. All of the rooms are nice. If you are in a group there is a great...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank romara711
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It is always nice to hear that guest enjoy their stay. I was glad to hear that you thought the location was great and that you found something’s in Saratoga that you liked doing. I hope that you will stay with us again when you return to the area.