“Immaculate but somewhat dated”

Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Brockport, New York
“Immaculate but somewhat dated”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A beautiful property, with a friendly and helpful staff. The Executive Suite is a home away from home - kitchenette, living room, balcony, bedroom and large bathroom. My honey surprised me with an appointment for a massage, which was awesome! The couch has lost its emph and the bed is not a pillow top or anything special - but not bad. We were there for Farm Aid, and were sure there were other concert goers but did not hear anyone. Wish there were a restaurant / bar next store, but plenty not far away. Definitely will consider staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It is always nice to hear that the staff was helpful. I am so glad that you enjoyed your massage your honey was so excited about doing it for you. There is nothing as relaxing as a massage. I hope that when you do return to the area again you do decide to stay with us. It would be our pleasure having you back as a guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here on the way from Niagara to Boston. Great little place, just what was needed. Clean, friendly and just outside the lovely town of Saratoga Springs. Would stay again if in this area. Tremendous value too!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank tomasykes
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I hope that you stop by again when you are passing through.
savman
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I were in need of accommodations one evening while headed to upstate NY. We looked online for a motel on the way into town, and the Roosevelt came up. What a happy surprise! Clean room, outdoor pool, fitness center with additional indoor pool, light breakfast included, and just minutes from downtown. It fit our needs perfectly. Only complaint: typical older wall unit AC that cycled off and on all night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I am glad that the hotel fit your needs so nicely. I am always glad to hear that people enjoy our amenities and will pass on to housekeeping the comment about the room. I apologize that the ac unit kept going on and off and hope that you still managed to get some sleep. I hope that you will return the next time you are in the area.
New York
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Let's just say I wasn't expecting much. After all, I booked a special through Expedia which were for the cheapest room class. I did read the reviews of this type of room and booked anyway. I go by the mantra, "You get what you pay for". I called the hotel directly to add an extra night to the beginning then again to add a second extra night. Both times I spoke with Jessica who was able to juggle things around and get us all set. I asked her about the reviews on Trip Advisor of the room class we booked. She told me the rooms were a bit old but they were very very clean. I was concerned since we have a 3 yr old and mentioned that. She assured me it would be fine. So off we went. We arrived at the hotel and Jessica at the front desk checked us in. We were a bit early, but that was no problem. Imagine my surprise when Jessica gave us a FREE upgrade to a suite in the Val-Kil building for the length of our stay. Anyone with a toddler knows the roomier the better. (she did comment that we could probably use the extra room). I was extremely appreciative but still a bit wary. All worries put to rest as soon as we turned the key. We had room 130 which had a sitting area with a pull out sofa, separate sleeping area with 2 double beds, a small terrace overlooking the gazebo, fridge, microwave and a TV in each room. Bathroom was spotless and large as well. A/C was cranking. At night we left the terrace open and let the fresh cool air in instead. Outside swimming pool was perfect size for my son & was never crowded. Indoor pool was beautiful (if a bit chilly) and clean as well. Hot tub was large & perfect. Considering we stayed the week leading to the Travers (left day before) I have to say the price was right, upgrade appreciated (if I could hug Jessica I would have), and the morning breakfast was just enough to get the body going with carbs & caffeine ! A bit of a ride to the track, but quiet with no crowds compared to staying in town. We try to stay at a different place each summer but I think we have found "The One" and will be returning here next year.

Room Tip: Try for a suite in the Val Kil building. We had #130 and were not disappointed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments about your stay and about me. I am glad that it worked out so well for you and your family. I have passed on your comments to housekeeping as they are always appreciative of hearing that guest are happy with their rooms. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'll start with the For Sale sign stuck on the front lawn! Need I go further? Hotel is very old in decor, tube TV with lousy reception. Room was musty and damp and how about this, an old fashioned bottle opener screwed into the laminated bathroom countertop. Unfortunately many of the hotels were booked last weekend in Saratoga hence my forced stay at the Roosevelt. Adjacent/attached restaurant has been closed for years. I'm a very seasoned business and vacation traveller, if you stay here you were fairly warned!!!!!! We had a king room, only two towels, drape for the closet door and oxidized sink fixtures. Trust me, if anyone gave this hotel a rating of 2 or higher they WERE NOT staying at the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I was saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel was built in sections and you were in one of the older sections. I think that you would have been more comfortable in our Val Kill Building where our suites and deluxe rooms are. I hope that if you are in the Saratoga area again you will give us another chance to see how wonderful our hotel can be.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful with a terrific spa and indoor and outdoor pools and less expensive than most other places in the area. Just minutes from Saratoga in the town of Ballston Spa A very quiet and homey atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I hope that if you return to the Saratoga area you will decide to stay with us again.
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Normally we wouldn't come to Saratoga during the racing season, but celebrating my mother's 95th birthday meant we had to bite the bullet and find a hotel. Prices skyrocket in July and August and even the sleaziest motels jack up their fees. Having done an Internet search I came upon the Roosevelt and booked a room at what we considered was a fair price for the season. We arrived and met the magnificent Patty who is a true role model for great customer service. We felt hugely welcomed, we had a lovely jokey checking-in conversation and then she blew us away by upgrading our small room to a suite. And what a suite! My husband is ready to move here full time! Patty continued to be a delightful, helpful and genuinely fabulous person. It doesn't matter if in some places the decor is a bit tired - I'd rather have the occasional bit of dated decoration and great customer service, than the spiffiest decor and lousy customer service. Very thoughtful amenities provided and the housekeeping staff could also not be more helpful and friendly.

We met and married in Saratoga 46 years ago, and we frequently visit the town though in the past we've not had to stay in hotels but stayed with my mother. Now that she's in a nursing home we have to make alternative arrangements. Because of the warm welcome and care taken we would have no hesitation booking the Roosevelt Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for saying such wonderful things about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It was heartwarming to hear that Patty made you feel so welcome and that you enjoyed your time here. I have made sure to mention your comments to Patty as it is always nice to hear that you are appreciated. I hope that you return to Saratoga many more times and we look forward to having you as our guest.