“Great Stay !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
New York
“Great Stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Let's just say I wasn't expecting much. After all, I booked a special through Expedia which were for the cheapest room class. I did read the reviews of this type of room and booked anyway. I go by the mantra, "You get what you pay for". I called the hotel directly to add an extra night to the beginning then again to add a second extra night. Both times I spoke with Jessica who was able to juggle things around and get us all set. I asked her about the reviews on Trip Advisor of the room class we booked. She told me the rooms were a bit old but they were very very clean. I was concerned since we have a 3 yr old and mentioned that. She assured me it would be fine. So off we went. We arrived at the hotel and Jessica at the front desk checked us in. We were a bit early, but that was no problem. Imagine my surprise when Jessica gave us a FREE upgrade to a suite in the Val-Kil building for the length of our stay. Anyone with a toddler knows the roomier the better. (she did comment that we could probably use the extra room). I was extremely appreciative but still a bit wary. All worries put to rest as soon as we turned the key. We had room 130 which had a sitting area with a pull out sofa, separate sleeping area with 2 double beds, a small terrace overlooking the gazebo, fridge, microwave and a TV in each room. Bathroom was spotless and large as well. A/C was cranking. At night we left the terrace open and let the fresh cool air in instead. Outside swimming pool was perfect size for my son & was never crowded. Indoor pool was beautiful (if a bit chilly) and clean as well. Hot tub was large & perfect. Considering we stayed the week leading to the Travers (left day before) I have to say the price was right, upgrade appreciated (if I could hug Jessica I would have), and the morning breakfast was just enough to get the body going with carbs & caffeine ! A bit of a ride to the track, but quiet with no crowds compared to staying in town. We try to stay at a different place each summer but I think we have found "The One" and will be returning here next year.

Room Tip: Try for a suite in the Val Kil building. We had #130 and were not disappointed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about your stay and about me. I am glad that it worked out so well for you and your family. I have passed on your comments to housekeeping as they are always appreciative of hearing that guest are happy with their rooms. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'll start with the For Sale sign stuck on the front lawn! Need I go further? Hotel is very old in decor, tube TV with lousy reception. Room was musty and damp and how about this, an old fashioned bottle opener screwed into the laminated bathroom countertop. Unfortunately many of the hotels were booked last weekend in Saratoga hence my forced stay at the Roosevelt. Adjacent/attached restaurant has been closed for years. I'm a very seasoned business and vacation traveller, if you stay here you were fairly warned!!!!!! We had a king room, only two towels, drape for the closet door and oxidized sink fixtures. Trust me, if anyone gave this hotel a rating of 2 or higher they WERE NOT staying at the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I was saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel was built in sections and you were in one of the older sections. I think that you would have been more comfortable in our Val Kill Building where our suites and deluxe rooms are. I hope that if you are in the Saratoga area again you will give us another chance to see how wonderful our hotel can be.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful with a terrific spa and indoor and outdoor pools and less expensive than most other places in the area. Just minutes from Saratoga in the town of Ballston Spa A very quiet and homey atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I hope that if you return to the Saratoga area you will decide to stay with us again.
Bury St Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Normally we wouldn't come to Saratoga during the racing season, but celebrating my mother's 95th birthday meant we had to bite the bullet and find a hotel. Prices skyrocket in July and August and even the sleaziest motels jack up their fees. Having done an Internet search I came upon the Roosevelt and booked a room at what we considered was a fair price for the season. We arrived and met the magnificent Patty who is a true role model for great customer service. We felt hugely welcomed, we had a lovely jokey checking-in conversation and then she blew us away by upgrading our small room to a suite. And what a suite! My husband is ready to move here full time! Patty continued to be a delightful, helpful and genuinely fabulous person. It doesn't matter if in some places the decor is a bit tired - I'd rather have the occasional bit of dated decoration and great customer service, than the spiffiest decor and lousy customer service. Very thoughtful amenities provided and the housekeeping staff could also not be more helpful and friendly.

We met and married in Saratoga 46 years ago, and we frequently visit the town though in the past we've not had to stay in hotels but stayed with my mother. Now that she's in a nursing home we have to make alternative arrangements. Because of the warm welcome and care taken we would have no hesitation booking the Roosevelt Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for saying such wonderful things about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It was heartwarming to hear that Patty made you feel so welcome and that you enjoyed your time here. I have made sure to mention your comments to Patty as it is always nice to hear that you are appreciated. I hope that you return to Saratoga many more times and we look forward to having you as our guest.
Wilton, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here last weekend and were disappointed. I picked the hotel because the photos made it look really nice but the reality was completely different. We asked to be move from the room we initially were given in what looked to be a converted garage or some kind of annex, because although we came in after check in time, the room hadn't been cleaned and it looked really dingy. The room we were given was in (I think the main building) and had been updated but it still looked dark and dingy: the tv was impossible to watch (full of static), the fixtures were old--I think you get the picture. They promoted the free continental breakfast and called it a four star(which was reflected in the rates) but it would be three at best.
On the plus side was the location, not walking distance into the center of town but close enough, maybe a 5 minute drive to SPAC and a bit longer to get downtown.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the annex.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Annatsui
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I apologize that your experience was not what you had expected. We do have suites and deluxe rooms available, which you may have found more comfortable. I was glad to hear that you did like our location and hope that the next time you are in the area you might give us another try.
Sparks, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Our group of girlfriends has been meeting here every year for the past 10 years or so and although it is a bit tired, The Roosevelt is a wonderful option for visiting Saratoga. They are eager to accommodate and provide a lovely just out-of-town stay. The coffee and breakfast bar is not much to speak of, but there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street. Suites are large and well appointed and the beds, linens and pillows comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving your comments about your stay in November 2012. As it has been almost a year I hope that you get to come back for a visit soon.
Middle Village, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have passed this place for years on my way into Saratoga and always wanted to stay. My family decided to stay here for our vacation last week. I really do not think I will stay anywhere else in Saratoga again, We had a Val Kil Executive suite. Actually, we had the handicapped suite since I mentioned that my father is in wheelchair and would need either ground floor or elevator access. We also booked a deluxe room on the same floor. The room were amazing. The suite was huge and immaculate. Both rooms, in fact the entire facility, was immaculate. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing. I had read several reviews before deciding to book the rooms and any negative comments I've read I just don't believe. I was there for five days. I saw the housekeeping staff working constantly throughout the day. They even stopped me in the hall to see if everything was ok and if I needed anything. The front desk staff is so helpful and friendly. Patty was so pleasant, as well as the rest of the staff. The spa was wonderful. I didn't use the outdoor pool as the indoor pool was just so great. The whirlpool was very relaxing and the locker rooms just blew me away. I wish I had booked a massage- I will definitely do so next time. Granted, it is about a 5-10 minute ride into town, but trust me, during the busy season you will love the quiet. Route 9 is really not noisy at all. I can't attest to the stay in the smaller motel rooms, but from what I saw of my time there I can't imagine anything being wrong. Stay here, you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: If you have the extra money, go with a suite. You will not be disappointed. Worth every penny.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather B
Thank you for your great comments especially about the employees. It is always so nice to be able to pass on compliments as they do not always hear them enough. I am glad that the handicapped suite worked well for your dad and that you found everything clean and welcoming. Maybe next time when you come back you will be able to enjoy the outdoor pool as well depending on the weather. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.