“Perfect”

Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a couple of nights here and really loved it. The location is great for exploring the area. The staff is excellent, friendly, engaging and very helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious and the gym and pool are well equipped.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to to write your comments on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to share positive comments with the employees. We look forward to having you stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were heading to the new york marathon coming from Montreal . About 45 min minutes from New York we hear that it is cancelled! Its about 8 oclock we are tired, we are 6 persons with the kids and everything around is booked. So we start heading back to montreal. At Saratoga spring we get out to see if we can find a place to sleep... Patty set us up with 2 rooms , breakfast and even made us a special price to accommadate us! The next morning she gave us directions to broadway street in Saratoga Spring. Turns out we fell in love with that city, the people, the beautiful town, nice and refreshing boutiques and very friendly place. We had a wonderful day and we surely will go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you fell in love with our town and the hotel. Sorry that you could not make it to the city but am looking forward to having stay here on your way through next time. I have congratulated Patty for your nice comments and was glad to hear that she was so helpful to you. Thank you again for taking the time to write. We will see you in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I would highly recommend the Roosevelt Inn and Suites of Saratoga. I spent a one month stay during classes and have had nothing but good with the experience of the rooms, fitness center, pool, jacuzzi, and spa. The city also is beautiful with the scenery and peaceful environment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I am so glad that you enjoyed your month at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It was a pleasure having you at the hotel and I hope that you get to return to visit and relax in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A girlfriend and I recently spent a night here for a girls' getaway day. Although it didn't look like much from the road, we were pleasantly surprised by the place once we got into our rooms! And the customer service from the time we checked in to the time we checked out with Anita and Patricia was absolutely wonderful. When we checked in they upgraded us to a nice suite, which was beautiful. The bathroom was large and clean and nicely updated and luxurious, with wonderful soaps and other amenities. There was a lovely little kitchenette, which made storing snacks and drinks easy, and a coffee maker and even stocked with dishes and glasses.The bedroom had a very comfortable bed that my friend slept on, but the only negative thing about the suite part of the room was the pull out sofa bed, which unfortunately I had to sleep on. It was saggy as a sofa and also as a bed, too short for an adult and just plain uncomfortable - I barely got any sleep. So unless you plan on having children sleep on it, otherwise it will not be useful. Next time we will look for a room with two real beds. We enjoyed the pool and whirlpool which were located in the same building and they were just beautiful facilities, very clean and modern with a wonderful relaxing ambience. We also enjoyed the spa facilities, which were wonderful. Our services were with Sarah and Cheryl, who were both wonderful and very skilled at the massage services we chose. You do have to book the services in advance because the spa is only open by prior appointment, but you will not be disappointed, and they provide you robes and slippers to use for your services. Ours were even delivered to our room in the morning. All in all, this was a surprisingly wonderful experience with excellent and dedicated staff. We will definitely making this a regular spot for our girls' only weekends! Thank you!

Room Tip: Stay in the Val Kill building, as it is very very nice and quiet, gives you more of a hotel feeling...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Roosevelt. It is always appreciated when a guest passes on nice comments about the hotel and especially about individual employees. Both Anita and Patty were pleased to hear that there were nice comments said about them. They both work very hard and it is rewarding to get recognized. So glad that you enjoyed your time here and that you will return for a girl’s weekend in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed with two other couples for the weekend. Place is close-by to many attractions, was clean, and provided breakfast (cereal, bagels, coffee, juice). Decor was a little dated, but staff - especially Anita - made up for that. She went out of her way to make our visit enjoyable. She gave us tips on where to go. One of our friends has allergies, and housekeeping went out of their way to make sure she would be able to stay there!
Definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments about Anita and your stay. It is always nice to hear compliments about my employees and am so glad she helped to make your stay special. I look forward to having you stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ahh yes, we all rush to do reviews when we are upset, but don't do it enough when we have a good stay. Girlfriend is in hotel business in Canada and reminded me that mention on Tripadvisor should be done even when I have nothing to complain about.

Stayed for a weekend in September with about 20 friends on two wheels. Room was better than expected for the price, and was clean. Walls are sufficient, had couples on either side of me and I heard nothing. I am a coffee addict and was worried when I heard they did not have a coffee machine in the room... no problem, bottomless coffee machine at front desk and good coffee at that. Restaurant had good food at dinner and staff was attentive and fun. Front desk was also very good service. Must have been a newer mattress in my room as if I thought they would not have noticed, I would have smuggled it home with me, best sleep I have had in some time. Will not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

You are so right about everyone rushing to write when they have a bad stay and I appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive stay at The Roosevelt. And please thank your girlfriend as she is 100% correct. I make sure to do the same thing when I go away. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you slept well but yes I think I would have noticed a mattress being gone. I hope that the next time you and your friends on two wheels are in the area that you will choose the Roosevelt Inn & Suites again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We rented two units for 5 adults, two young children. Friendly, personable staff at desk. Nicely landscaped. First room we were assigned had dirty bed sheets. Night manager inspected and moved us immediately. Lo-o-o-ng walk with luggage for us "seniors" to/from parking area up to to 130-series suites. All in our party found all the mattresses uncomfortable. I wish fruit juice was provided with the basic continental breakfast: since young grandaughters dring neither coffee or hot chocolate, they has no options except milk from an open pitcher that was set out for small boxes of cold cereal. Nice clean confortable indoor pool and hot tub - immaculate health club. Question: Why was the Finish Line restaurant closed? We initially chose the Roosevelt over the competition at Exit 15 because the website referred to a full service restaurant on the grounds. (Can't comment on health spa, tennis courts, or outdoor pool.)

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, it's a long walk from the parking area to the 130-series suites on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WP S
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. Thank you for the nice comments about the employees. I was disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are currently looking to lease out our restaurant space and I apologize that was not completed before your stay. The next time you stay at the Roosevelt request the Val Kill Building as that is closer to the elevator so you will not have to walk so far. I hope that your granddaughters enjoyed their time in the pool. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the area.