“wknd@theraces”

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
newhaven
“wknd@theraces”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed with two other couples for the weekend. Place is close-by to many attractions, was clean, and provided breakfast (cereal, bagels, coffee, juice). Decor was a little dated, but staff - especially Anita - made up for that. She went out of her way to make our visit enjoyable. She gave us tips on where to go. One of our friends has allergies, and housekeeping went out of their way to make sure she would be able to stay there!
Definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice comments about Anita and your stay. It is always nice to hear compliments about my employees and am so glad she helped to make your stay special. I look forward to having you stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ahh yes, we all rush to do reviews when we are upset, but don't do it enough when we have a good stay. Girlfriend is in hotel business in Canada and reminded me that mention on Tripadvisor should be done even when I have nothing to complain about.

Stayed for a weekend in September with about 20 friends on two wheels. Room was better than expected for the price, and was clean. Walls are sufficient, had couples on either side of me and I heard nothing. I am a coffee addict and was worried when I heard they did not have a coffee machine in the room... no problem, bottomless coffee machine at front desk and good coffee at that. Restaurant had good food at dinner and staff was attentive and fun. Front desk was also very good service. Must have been a newer mattress in my room as if I thought they would not have noticed, I would have smuggled it home with me, best sleep I have had in some time. Will not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
You are so right about everyone rushing to write when they have a bad stay and I appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive stay at The Roosevelt. And please thank your girlfriend as she is 100% correct. I make sure to do the same thing when I go away. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you slept well but yes I think I would have noticed a mattress being gone. I hope that the next time you and your friends on two wheels are in the area that you will choose the Roosevelt Inn & Suites again.
Montpelier, Vermont, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We rented two units for 5 adults, two young children. Friendly, personable staff at desk. Nicely landscaped. First room we were assigned had dirty bed sheets. Night manager inspected and moved us immediately. Lo-o-o-ng walk with luggage for us "seniors" to/from parking area up to to 130-series suites. All in our party found all the mattresses uncomfortable. I wish fruit juice was provided with the basic continental breakfast: since young grandaughters dring neither coffee or hot chocolate, they has no options except milk from an open pitcher that was set out for small boxes of cold cereal. Nice clean confortable indoor pool and hot tub - immaculate health club. Question: Why was the Finish Line restaurant closed? We initially chose the Roosevelt over the competition at Exit 15 because the website referred to a full service restaurant on the grounds. (Can't comment on health spa, tennis courts, or outdoor pool.)

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, it's a long walk from the parking area to the 130-series suites on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WP S
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. Thank you for the nice comments about the employees. I was disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are currently looking to lease out our restaurant space and I apologize that was not completed before your stay. The next time you stay at the Roosevelt request the Val Kill Building as that is closer to the elevator so you will not have to walk so far. I hope that your granddaughters enjoyed their time in the pool. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in the area.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I were planning a trip to Saratoga Springs, NY, and judging by the reviews we read, we thought that the Roosevelt Inn & Suites would be a good value for the money. When we called the hotel, they told us they only had "suites" available, but when we went online, we were easily able to book a lower-priced "room." When we arrived at the hotel, the weekend-night receptionist was taken aback that we wanted to see the room first, but she reluctantly gave us the key to the room. When we entered the room, there was an overpowering smell of cleaning solutions, plus a towel and scrubber left in the bathtub. My husband started coughing from the smell, and we decided to go elsewhere, also due to the unfriendly manner of this front-desk person. She didn't want to refund our money and would not put us in touch with the manager, even though she could clearly see that my husband was having a hard time breathing. Only when we said we would call the credit card company to dispute the charges did she agree to give us our money back. She had an attitude from the moment we walked in the door, and we were most happy to find a better and cheaper place to stay up the road. One of the reasons we wanted to stay here was that they advertise that they have a "spa" on the premises. It's misleading! What they have is a small space, but no therapists on staff. All they do is that they will call a therapist to come to the motel--and it is only a motel--with several hours notice. The room that we saw was small and dated, but clean. It would have been fine with a lower price and a friendlier front desk (and no chemicals, of course!)

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise, ask for a room off the main street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. I was sorry to hear that it was not a positive one. I have discussed the issues that you faced with all the employees at the hotel to make sure no one has the same issues in the future. I hope that you will change your mind and give us another try when you are in the area so we can show you how beautiful and hospitable the property really is.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

You can't beat the location for a concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) - it's CLOSE. Coming out of SPAC - the traffic is HORRIBLE. It took us ONE HOUR to get out of the parking lot, so I guess it doesn't much matter how close you stay to the center. Anyway.....

The pics on the website make the hotel look a lot better. The check-in lobby is nice. When you check in we had a good laugh. You actually get KEYS! Parking is great. They have spaces right out front of the rooms.

We didn't walk through the entire place. We showed up, sat by the pool (the air was too cold to swim so we didn't use the pool), had dinner, slept there and went home first thing in the morning. It's OK for a one night stay.

The beds. FIRM!!! My husband was uncomfortable! His back was killing him in the morning. There was absolutely no way we could stay there another night, we would have to find a hotel with a better bed. I was OK just for the one night, but would not have liked more.

The room is DATED!!!! The bathroom was TINY. The tile was pink. The shower/tub was newer. The bathroom was clean though.

The rug in the room had spots and stains - it was clean but just old. The room itself was clean and well dusted, and vacuumed well. Nothing was left anyplace on the rug but just had spots. The cushioned chairs - OLD! The chairs seemed clean but just looked soiled. After many years of use they looked very used and dirty. It kind of made the whole room feel dirty.

The doors to the rooms lead to the outside so you can hear people talking, car motors, and car doors slamming. I imagine that in the warmer weather, our room across from the pool would have been noisy. You can also hear muffled voices through the walls in the next room.

The rooms come with a small fridge and microwave. The microwave sits atop the fridge and the are located in the closet (so they don't take up extra space in the room.) A nice bonus was that the fridge was already cold when we walked in the room.

So all in all - the price was good. The rooms were fair. It would be an OK place if rock hard beds don't bother you. I think I would have to pick another place to stay when going to SPAC again in the future.

The hotel has a restaurant right on premises. It was good, no complaints. Most of our group of 6 had burgers - and they actually make really good burgers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bal1234
RooseveltSuites, General Manager at Roosevelt Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in June. I was glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I certainly understand the traffic comment about SPAC but it is a great venue. The Roosevelt was built in stages and it looks like you stayed in the original section. Thank you for the comments about the cleanliness in the room. I realize some of the rooms are older but housekeeping works very hard to make sure they are kept up as best they can. As for the bed being too firm all I can do is apologize. I hope that if you return to the Saratoga Area you will give us another chance and we might be able to find a room that suits you better. Thank you for staying at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. Sincerely, Jessica Pajonk
Bronx, New York, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently spent one night at the Roosevelt and I fully intend to return! The room was pretty standard but comfortable nonetheless. The indoor pool and spa facilities were impeccable. and the staff was warm, friendly and very accommodating. When I arrived my room wasn't ready but, the gentleman at the front desk told me that I was welcome to use the indoor or outdoor pool as I pleased and he would come and find me when my room was ready. Sure enough, less then an hour later he found me out by the gazebo and handed me my key and told me that my room was ready. The room itself was pretty plain and basic; facing the main road/outdoor pool and parking area but it was comfortable and clean; In fact, the entire property was so clean that I spent the majority of my time there walking on the grounds with my bare feet! The rooms themselves could use updating (TV, DVD players instead of VCRs, alarm clocks, etc.), and at the front desk where they have continental breakfast the toaster oven, and coffee/water machine have both seen better days and could use some modernization as well.

Overall, I was extremely pleased and intend to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all your nice comments about your stay. It is always so nice to hear that someone enjoyed their stay and that the employees made you feel welcome. The Roosevelt also has suites that you might want to try during a future stay. I look forward to meeting you on your return stay. Sincerely, Jessica Pajonk
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at the Rooselvelt and totally enjoyed my stay. We had spa treatments done and was very satisfied with the service. The grounds are beautiful and enjoyed my morning coffee in the gazebo every morning. All the staff was friendly and accomodating. I would stay here again and will recommend the property to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Roosevelt Inn & Suites. It is always great to hear that someone likes the hotel enough to recommend it to their friends. So glad that you got to enjoy the spa area. It is part of the hotel that is not utilized enough so I always happy to hear that a guest got the chance to have a service. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the area. Sincerely, Jessica Pajonk