“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of TC Paris

TC Paris
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Providing breakfast, lunch and an enthusiastic lineup of French pastries, desserts and confections. We are most known for our truly authentic French Macarons, which we provide to national outlets throughout the country.
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was our first trip to TC Paris yesterday and it will not be our last. The macarons were outstanding; the Paris Brest was heavenly, the madelaines were perfection and the chocolates were the best we've had in quite some time. So glad they are here and hope they stay for a good long time - Paris in Saratoga - who would have guessed?

• Visited February 2014

Niskayuna, New York
“Absolute Gem in Saratoga Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

When I found out that TC Paris was leaving the Chocolate Gecko space I was pretty bummed... until I found out they were opening their own shop in Saratoga! So glad they did... and as a result I have found a new favorite spot in town. The store is a lovely little shop, the people you'll meet there are warm and friendly, and the food... well, that's just fantastic. Macarons are the best you'll find anywhere in the area (believe me -- I've searched). When we were there we were also offered a sample of still-warm cake that was really quite fantastic and makes me want to try everything TC Paris has to offer. Their tiered cakes are stunning -- almost wish I could get married again just to put in an order! Can't wait to go back to try other things besides the macarons. :-)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ashley D
Clifton Park, NY
“Macarons are NOT Macaroons.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

First of all, this is a French bakery, not a restaurant. It is located in Saratoga Springs, NY, not Albany. The rest of the information is correct.

Macaroon vs. Macaron; which is it? Is there a difference? OMG, YES there is a difference!! I think the only thing they have in common is that they both have egg whites. Macaroons have coconut that gets caught in your teeth; macarons don't. Macarons melt in your mouth, especially if you buy them at TC Paris; macaroons don't melt in your mouth.

We never became aware enough of TC Paris when they were in Albany, but now that we've discovered them in Saratoga it may be difficult to keep us away.

The macarons sell individually for $2.50 each. A nicely boxed pack of 5 can be purchased for $10. A box of 10 costs $20. There are numerous flavors of these delectable delicacies. We tried Pistachio, Salted Caramel, Très Vanille, Chocolate2Infinity, and Cafe au Lait. Each one filled with a buttercream or ganache filling to match the melt-in-your-mouth biscuit flavor.

Some of the macarons are seasonal, e.g., Chocolat Guinness is only available on St. Patrick's Day (I can't wait). They also have a Winter Cookie ($9 for a 1/2 lb. box) that is only available until January 2. It's described as "A rich flakey shortbread covered with caramelized almonds, two different kinds of honey, orange zest and candied orange peels - and dipped in Valrhona Otucan Dark Chocolate (69%)." All those flavors blend so nicely together providing just the right amount of chewiness and mouth-feel.

We were offered samples of their caramel crunch (I don't recall what they named it) and my first impression was that it was as good as or better than the Butternut Crunch from Mother Myrick's that I always have to buy when in Manchester VT. I just tried some that I brought home... heavenly!

They even make their own vanilla extract which they offer for sale. In the future I'd like to try their crème brulee, more macaron flavors, Duchilly Hazelnut Pralines, and, and, well, just about everything they make.

• Visited October 2013