“A Wonderful Experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Istanblue served us a delicious dinner with friendly service. The octopus was outstanding, as was the salmon. We will return!

3  Thank TheSaratogaFarmstead

Reviewed May 4, 2014

As of this writing, Istanblue is a BYOB until they receive their liquor license. Luckily there is a large wine and liquor store two doors down in the same plaza. If you go there and they still can not sell wine you can leave your coat at your table trot next door to Purdy's, select your bottle of wine and return in under 5 minutes.

For high summer tourist season in Saratoga this restaurant has an advantage with their large parking lots surrounding the plaza. They did very good work converting this former diner-ice cream store into a comfortable and understated restaurant.

On my first visit to Istanblue I had their stuffed grape leaves appetizer and lamb filled eggplant for dinner. Both dishes were fabulous! My compliments to the chef for moderation with salt. It's so nice to have a tasty meal without feeling thirsty for the next two hours afterwards. I can not wait to return!

3  Thank Donna M
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We really enjoyed trying this new restaurant. The hot starter was a great taster dish and suitable for at least 3 people if not four. For the two of us there was too much food. The mixed grill dish was again too much food but delicious. The restaurant itself was busy and had a nice atmosphere and considering how unappealing it looks from outside, the inside is tastefully decorated. All but one of the staff were attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank 2009leeds
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stopped by for lunch. Atmosphere is still a bit of the old Friendlys that was the first establishment. Clean, neat crisp. My waitress was very pleasant and helpful. I told her I enjoyed sampling different tastes. The Lamb dish suggested was exactly what I had hoped for ... a real taste of the Middle East. A good lunch and great sampling of taste. If you are looking for atmosphere...this is not the spot. It would be great if they could "tastefully" add a little more decor to give the Mediterranean/Middle East flair to match the really good food!!! The food pics on the website are good and very accurate. They need to work on the menu example.... it does not do it justice. There are many more luscious choices. Give it a try. Keep them in business. We need the variety.

2  Thank Fran48562
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went to Istanblue for lunch on a Saturday and was disappointed to find out that there is no lunch menu on weekends. I was hoping for a falafil pita but it was not available. I was able to try the falafil and other veterinarian treats on a hot mixed platter that was very good, fresh, and authentic. I also had the lentil soup which was a yellow lentil puree, very lite and mild. My husband had chicken and bulgur wheat and also said the taste was mild and not overwhelming. One staff on for whole front of house including waiter. He was working his tail off but was very nice and never made a mistake. I would like to go back when I can try the lunch menu.

2  Thank Leighann C