“We liked it”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“We liked it”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We thought that the food was really good.. Experienced chef with a new venue...the restaurant hasn't been open long ( just weeks) & the service needs much work...we ordered an appetizer that was never brought to the table ... We didn't say a word just to see if she would ever remember...:-)...

1 Thank dhl49

Saratoga Springs, NY
“Overpriced, extremely small portions, & average food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have to agree with J4465. I recently dined there with friends and found the host and waiters to be highly pretentious and particularly rude to the family that was dining next to us with children. I found the food to be highly overpriced for what you received and to be honest, it wasn't that great.

4 Thank jojo7180
albany, ny
“Awesome Food and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were part of a large party that was an hour late for a 7:30pm reservation. So we decided to sit at the bar and have a few drinks before our table was ready. The bar is what one would expect from a Saratoga fine dining place...it's unpretentious, friendly and vibrant.

The food and wine were excellent. Great cuts of sashimi tuna, crabcakes were phenomenal as was the steak. Presentation and quality were simply excellent. In fact, it's one of the best places to eat. As always in the food business, you get what you pay for. If you're a fan of high end quality ingredients carefully prepared, you'll love this place.

2 Thank Resonator123
Clifton Park, New York
“At this rate, they will be gone by Winter...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

First off, let me say I am not picky or snobby, nor do I have unrealistic expectations. My girlfriend and I really enjoy eating out at restaurants that go out of their way to server locally sourced food in a healthy fashion. We don't eat at chains, we don't eat fast food, and we like to prepare all of our food fresh at home. When we found out a new "farm to table" type restaurant opened up just 15 minutes from us, we decided to try it out.

The first issue here is how the website describes the restaurant: "casual, energetic, affordable" - this place needs to pick different adjectives to describe itself, because that is completely inaccurate. When we arrived we had just got done walking around in Saratoga. We were dressed casually but not like dirt bags, yet when we tried to get a seat we were given every lame excuse under the sun as to why we couldn't sit in the dining area. We were advised to eat in the bar area since it had a full menu. It was painfully obvious that they were trying to reserve the dining area for those that had come from the track dressed in suits, dresses and the like - which is fine, just tell it like it is and don't make up lame excuses. (I'm talking to you old man) So in the end I understood and settled for a seat in the bar area.

It would be ok if that was the end of the drama, but we are just getting started. Our service was absolutely horrendous. In the hour we were there our waiter stopped by maybe twice; once to drop off our appetizer and once to drop off our meal. Speaking of, this place is NOT energetic at all. The staff is unbelievably uptight and snooty, so I assume they save their best behavior for the dining area where all the John Gotti look-a-likes and Kim Kardashian wanna-be's sit during track season.

Affordable - yeah ok. We ordered two entrees, an appetizer, and a coffee, yet our bill with tip was getting on $100. I can't imagine coming here with a couple kids and hoping to get an affordable meal. In general I feel restaurants in America have outrageous portions and I actually prefer smaller ones, but the portions here are a joke. (I left hungry) The food itself was just OK, nothing to write home about. I've had much better local food for much less money and without all the nonsense to go along with it.

Oh and one last thing - during the hour we were there we witnessed the old man and his sidekick hostess turn away family after family, couple after couple because either they weren't wearing expensive enough clothes, or they didn't slip him a few bucks to get a table in the dining area. Yes, I'm serious and yes, this is Saratoga we are talking about. I have a question for you Jack - if this place is so high end and caters to such an elite crowd, then why are you so far down Broadway? This place is damn near the Northway, yet all the real high end restaurants are downtown.

Here is the ironic part about this whole thing - once track season is over they will be begging any average joe to stop in and eat. The money is in town right now so they are doing their best to brown nose and make what they can, but once that is over you can rest assured they will gladly sit the blue collar crowd in the dining area.

Needless to say, we will never go to this restaurant again. There are plenty of restaurants in the capital region that serve better food at lower prices and with less uptight atmosphere. See below for a list of places that are much better for the money in the same vicinity:

1.) Harvest & Hearth