“Felt like it was 1938”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hattie's

Hattie's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
montreal
“Felt like it was 1938”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stopped in at Hattie's in Saratoga Springs with my wife and daughter. The ambience was amazing - warm, cozy, friendly, softly lit. The music was a mixture of jazz and blues. Got a table very quickly and were served by a very efficient waitress. my wife and I shared the jumbalaya appetizer which was very generous and tasted divine. My daughter ordered grilled salmon which was the best she had ever tasted!.. i ordered Hattie's famous fried chicken with smashed potatoes and succotash. A nice cold Bud went very well with what was set out in front of me/. My wife ordered the mac n' cheese which was so plentiful that she had to take a good portion home. Six thumbs up for a very pleasant dining experience!

• Visited November 2012

Orlando, FL
“Great Fried Chicken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The staff were friendly. I had an awesome waitress. The chicken with mash potatoes and candy yams was the best dish I've had in a long time! I would go again in a heartbeat!

Visited October 2012
San Luis Obispo, California
“Way overrated. Not impressed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went in during track season. Walk in and there are huge black flies everywhere, we have to swat them off of our table. First impression: This place is unclean as can be!!!! Gross!!!! They serve us some bread, which was delicious but they only give you a couple pieces and if you want more you have to pay. The waitress takes our orders. Normally when you go to a restaurant you are served by one waitress, we must have been serviced by about ten different people that night. I order the catfish, my friend orders the chicken. After waiting forever, they come out with our food... and they mess the orders up. So they send it back to the kitchen. We probably waited about 45 minutes to eat. Yes it was good, but not amazing. Certainly not for the quality of service we received! Will never go back.

• Visited August 2012
Queensbury, New York
“Best place for country cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My favorite is the beans and rice with a side of cornbread and fried greens. Your favorite might be the southern fried chicken or the herb encrusted brook trout. If your are appreciative of good old fashioned southern style cooking this is the best place to go for such comfort food. Prices are moderate to reasonable, liquor is served and the wait staff is attentive.

West Springfield, Massachusetts
“not much to see”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

not impressed with this restaurant. I had already had a small breakfast and was only going to get a small side dish due to the fact we were going to be going to a wedding later. The only thing I wanted to order was cornbread, figuring that from what people said that this was a good restaurant, so cornbread should have been decent. WORST cornbread ever. hard crust, super dry it was hard to eat the whole thing, was really really disappointing after all I love corn bread. One side dish, def a thumbs down.

• Visited October 2012