“The best crepes in Saratoga”
Review of Ravenous

Ravenous
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Ravenous features a wide selection of savory and sweet crepes for lunch, dinner, or weekend brunch. Locals also rave about the Belgian pommes frites - fresh-cut, twice-cooked French fries served in paper cones, with your choice of dipping sauce. Beer, wine, espresso concoctions and homemade cold drinks round out a unique menu.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went here for dinner & had a coupon, no idea what to expect. Showed up at 7PM (they close at 8) and had the place to ourselves. So, of course, the service was super attentive! Watched the crepes being cooked as we waited, and had one of their specialty iced teas. Had 2 of their savory crepes and they were amazing! We live near Saratoga & had never been here before. It doesn't look like much from the outside, and it's not too big inside, but if it's crepes you seek you will love this place.

1  Thank enewellz

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I don't know how they make their crepe batter, but it is absolutely the best! We have a creperie back home, and my creperie can't hold a candle to this place. Now I'm completely spoiled. We had the ham and cheese crepe, split between the two of us, so that we could also have a dessert crepe (merry berry, I think). They were both fabulous. Another gem is the pommes frites. Oh my freaking word! They were hot! Delicious! And, they were served with a dipping sauce (we ordered the cajun mayo, which was fab). We didn't care that the service was slow because the food was so wonderful. The wait staff was very pleasant. We would travel to Saratoga Springs just for this little gem if we could.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

When I visited a credit union in upstate NY, I was fortunate enough to be staying in the Saratoga Springs area. The town itself was very quaint and the people were friendly. The downtown area had many "local" restaurants and I asked the manager at my hotel which two restaurants I should try during my stay there.

One of his two recommendations was a small eatery called Ravenous. I liked the name and decided to give it a try. I was definitely not disappointed.

The restaurant itself was a storefront venue and the ambience was decent, not great. I asked the server what meal she would recommend for a hungry, adventuresome diner and she suggested the Mama Mia. The Mama Mia was a crepe filled with Italian sausage, sweet peppers, onions and lots of mozzarella cheese. Though it didn't sound like a big meal, after the delicious homemade bread and salad, I was close to full.

But my server didn't let me off that easily. She said since I was only a short time in town, I absolutely HAD to try one of their crepes, as that is what made the restaurant so special. So I agreed. I ordered the Crepe Antoinette which was composed of apples, pears, cranberries with brown sugar and their special "sour cream sauce".

Omigosh ... I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I'm so glad I let her talk me into dessert. It was AWESOME!

Though I may never make it back to Saratoga Springs, I will always remember the awesome dinner I had at Ravenous.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ravenous is a crepiere with wonderful "savory" (dinner ) crepes and unforgettable desert crepes. It is small (maybe seats 28) and sort of tucked away on Phila Street - across from the parking garage. In addition to crepes, their pomme frites are terrific. Now you know about it, next time search it out.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If you like crepes and frites, this is the place to be! It's a little gem in Saratoga on Phila Street. The space is small, but the food is wonderful! If you sit at the bar you can watch the chef make the crepes out of fresh, local ingredients. The service is wonderful and the staff always make you feel welcomed. Definitely give this place a try the next time you are in Saratoga. You won't be disappointed!