“Very Nice for a special splurge, but it little costly for regular dining”
Review of Longfellows

Longfellows
Reserve with OpenTable
Longfellows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dyer Switch Road
Argyle, New York
“Very Nice for a special splurge, but it little costly for regular dining”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My partner made reservations online for my 40th birthday, for the 2 of us at Longfellows. We dined on a drizzly Tuesday night in May.
We were seated in front of a fireplace, which had a pillar candle burning in it for ambiance, since the fireplace wasn't really needed in May. Dinner was wonderful. I had Tuscan chicken & she had a shrimp & lobster Scampi that were both divine. Our waiter, Adam was courteous and, for the most part, prompt. Even at a 'fancy' place like Longfellows, 2 of the staff came out singing 'Happy Birthday' w/ a chocolate mousse in a wine glass w/ a candle... & 2 spoons!
Then they took our picture, printed it & gave it to me in a little paper frame as a keepsake, I thought that was a nice touch...

Everything was enjoyable, and I would definitely return for a special occasion 'treat', but it was a bit expensive for our budget, they are probably catering more to the people that throw money around at the track. I would probably not select them for an everyday dinner unless I had a gift certificate or coupon special.(We had received a gift certificate that covered part of our bill)

Visited May 2011

Ballston Lake
“good restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We went to the restaurant 2 times and enjoyed the prime rib and french onion soup. I especially love the atmosphere of the restaurant I think it is such a beautiful place. We go for the 3 course fix priced menu which is 20$. The regular menu is quite expensive.

Mystic, Connecticut
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Price and Saratoga's Old Dairy Barns!”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I just ate at Longfellow's tonight 8/4/10. Before going we got on their website and saw the $19.96 3-course dinner menu. That pretty much sold us because we don't order any drinks except water. We both had an amazing crock of French Onion Soup, 10 oz. Prime Rib with mashed red potatoes fried string potatoes on top with broccoli, and Apple Crisp with homemade whip cream for dessert! The Au Jus on the Prime Rib was amazing! We couldn't eat everything that we ordered so we had to get a box, so for $42.71 plus tip, that was one of the best meals we've eaten in Saratoga. The atmosphere is great, it is the old Saratoga Dairy Barns with a pond. Also, the service was wonderful...our water stayed constantly filled, food came out at good times to let our bellies settle. All in all, we will be going back. We've lived here for almost 5 years and this was our first visit to Longfellow's, we tried their chowder at Chowderfest 2010 and liked that too, we thought dinner would be just as great and it was! You will not be disappointed.
Ballston Spa, NY

ny
“Lovely Evening!”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed overnight at the hotel (Romance Package) which included dinner. I found the wait staff to be friendly and knowledgeable. Had the steak and lobster...both cooked perfectly! The chocolate creme brulee was especially good.

NewYork
“Great Value!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We went to Longfellows for the first time since it changed hands 11 years ago! What a great experience! What great ambiance! What a tremendous value!!! The service was great, warm and welcoming! I would definitely recommond Longfellows to anyone! I believe we have found our new favorite restaurant!
Definitely a winner!