“Great Food...BUT”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great Food...BUT”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The reservation was made 2 weeks prior. When we were seated the air conditioner was right under our table. When I spoke to the hostess (Sage was her name) she seemed irritated at me and told me, the menu she covered the AC with would direct the air out away from under the table! Well it didn't. The table cloth was blowing all around us, she was not a pleasent person to be a hostess at a restaurant. I also noticed her being a difficult person to 2 other ladies that came in the restaurant. Otherwiswe the waitress was wonderful and the food was great!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Debra C

“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Bruce always brings a smile and friendly atmosphere to this great Italian restaurant. Service is exceptional and quality of food is great. Highly recommend.

New Jersey
“As good as back home”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I wasn't expecting an Italian estaurant this good in Saratoga. Back in Jersey good Italian restaurants are on every corner. But Pennell's suprised me with the selection of items on its menu, the great taste, and reasonable price. The dining room was a little noisy and crowded, but not objectionable.

Visited October 2011
Malta, New York, United States
“Real Italian”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The food was beyond fantastic, everyone in the group were praising the meal. Service was excellent and prices fair for the meal. Will definately return.

• Visited October 2011
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Very Rude Owners”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was treated rudely at Pennell's many years ago by one of the owners and have not returned since. After waiting one hour for a table, we were seated in a vey bad high traffic area and I politely asked for a table in a less crowded area in the back. The waitress moved us to the back. Five minutes later one of the owners stormed over and made us leave the table and raised his voice in a very unprofessional way. I was shocked, we did nothing to deserve this. At one time this restaurant was owned by my Aunt Mamie Pennell and it was hard for me to believe that such characters were now the owners. As a child I spent many hours in the kitchen since my Grandmother, Mary Faiola, was a cook there.
My Name is Patrick Faiola and my Family and relatives owned over 7 restaurants in Saratoga Springs about 50 years ago. I would recomend Mama Mias as the best Italian food, along with very good prices, also, they are not related to me. Please, do yourself a favor, and spend your money anywhere but Pennell's.

7 Thank Tropicsunset