“Ray needs to work on his customer relations skill”
Review of Lillian's Restaurant - CLOSED

Lillian's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Ray needs to work on his customer relations skill”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Sunday 7/7 for brunch..we were early but waited till 11am when Brunch started
We were seated promptly and drink orders were taken..I asked for decaf..waitress came back and said "We ran out"..my remark: "you just opened ..how can you be out?"
Eventually she came back with my decaf and asked for
Our order..I ordered an omelet which came with a choice of Scone or Muffin. I chose muffin, my companion ordered eggs Benedict.
After waiting several minutes back come waitress with "we have no muffins"..and someone put the wrong sauce on the eggs Benedict and they need to start over"
Companion says: "please send the manager over"
Where upon Ray appears with a large chip on his shoulder and blames everything on the waitress never once saying "I'm sorry"

• Visited July 2013

Amherst, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent drinks!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went here for cocktails prior to dinner. Service was great - cocktails were excellent. Plenty of alcohol being poured here!

Visited July 2013
pa
“Not impressed”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended and unfortunately was not impressed. Service was excellent but food was just average. My husband ordered the scallops and sirloin steak, the steak although cooked to perfection was very tough to the point you could not enjoy it. I was only going to order the crab cake appetizer but the waitress insisted I order it as a meal and then charged me $13 extra for a salad and rice addition. The crab cakes were more filling than crab meat. The only real enjoyment for this meal was the onion soup and the martini. We will definitely be back to Saratoga Springs but will not be coming back to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
massachusetts
“Not great for Sunday brunch/lunch”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went with my husband and daughters. Drawn in by the smiling hostess outside and pleasant, old-timely decor. Service was pleasant, but excruciatingly slow. Even though we were her only table, our waitress simply disappeared for what seemed like hours before finally showing up with our food. No apology nor mention of the loooong wait. My seafood platter of grilled fish, stuffed shrimp from the brunch specials was below average and a little off in flavor. Snow pea pods were limp and oily. My husband's grilled chicken sandwich was just OK. My daughter found a hair in her pasta. Check, please. We would not return.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ilene
Middletown, New York
“Delicious Breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great Victorian atmosphere to enjoy while dining. Our party of 7 had a wonderful breakfast, each ordering something different from their menu. All felt the food was good and I had their French Toast that was absolutely delicious. It was covered with an almond sauce, fresh apples and done perfectly. Staff was friendly and I would certainly dine their again.

• Visited May 2013