“Disappointment made Tangible with a side of Mediocrity”
Review of Maestro's - CLOSED

Maestro's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Phila Street
Description: A Fine American Bistro Gift CertificatesA gathering place for exceptional food and drink, Maestro's is now located in the clubhouse at McGregor Links Country Club in Wilton, New York, only 4 miles from our former home on Broadway in Saratoga. We invite you to join us for lunch, dinner or libations in this beautiful and peaceful setting. Whether dining in one of our dining rooms, "Edgar's Bar", or enjoying the summer breeze outside on our porch overlooking the club grounds, you'll marvel at our exceptional menu designed to tantalize your taste buds. Our menu offerings are sure to please, whether you're yearning for a burger and an ice old brew, celebrating a special event, or simply gathering with friends to enjoy dinner out. Executive Chef Mike Pietrocola and his staff are dedicated to preparing delicious and satisfying dishes for you. Maestros has built a solid reputation for great food, excellent service and a pleasing ambiance. That tradition continues at McGregor and we are confident you'll enjoy the atmosphere of our new home, a 1920's former hunting lodge in a most picturesque setting
Saratoga Springs, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointment made Tangible with a side of Mediocrity”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

If there was a place to define disappointment this would be it created and tangible serving plates of mediocre very expensive food.

After trying to attend this rather nice looking restaurant for the last couple of weeks I was excited to finally have a reservation for four at 7:30pm on July 18th, 2010 including my boyfriend and another couple of very close friends. On arrival we were told that they were out of many things, including their soft crab, swordfish, and quite a few other dinner options. Being only a little put off by this we worked under the circumstances and decided to have a bottle of wine to start things off right. Come to find out they were out of the first two wines we initially selected......seriously? Not only that but it took us at least 45 minutes to place a dinner order as our rather inane waitress seemed all but interested in our table and worked quite efficiently with the table behind us having them set with dinner although we had sat down initially. Little thought needed I felt put off and somewhat irritated with the situation.

After finally receiving a bottle of wine, that was quickly poured with our waitress scurrying off, we found the wine was extremely warm, not room temperature for some reason, and had it cooled by a very friendly table cleaner since our waitress was preoccupied. (Who we then begged to wait on us if it was possible, sadly it wasn't.) After rectifying the wine predicament we finally got an order in and were served dinner. Being rather full of anticipation for a medium rare delicious new york strip that cost $45.00 on the menu I received a new york strip that was no where close to medium rare and had very little flavor to none. Hopes and dreams came crashing down as the stroke of my blade showed as much and my palate proved as much. Not only that but my boyfriend had gotten a poultry dished that was literally fried into submission. Thoughts of, "Is this really the talk of the town?" kept flooding through my head as I reached for more wine to try to flood out the irritation hitting more palpably than any of the food.

Coming to a close we decided we were going to split the check as our waitress came out. She had already had the bill ready and was about to set it down for us when we told her of how we would like to pay. She seemed almost dismayed at the idea of having to split anything and went into the back quite bitterly to bring back out the new check which she had a hard time figuring out herself. Working through it all we finally paid our $250.00 bill and left. I have to say the only good thing about this place was the company we brought with us.

My personal recommendation would be stay away and spend your well earned money else where to get a decent meal and something above this low bar service.

1 Thank KingPin21

Albany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful !”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

When traveling to Saratoga Springs for a horse show , I followed many positive reviews and visited maestro's Restaurant. WOW, is all I can say. In recent years when we traveled to Saratoga our dining experiences have been only OK. We hoped this visit would be better. We were all so happy. The food is absolutely wonderful, the service top notch and the extra details this place puts forward were amazing. After a fabulous meal we were so pleased with the huge bowl of homemade chocolate they serve everyone. What a nice surprise. We will return every year. Simple wonderful from the moment we walked in the door! Thank You

1 Thank cesco14
sara toga
“rude management”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I got yelled at by the manager when I called to cancel my reservation. He told me I was so rude to only give them 30 minutes notice and kept on yelling. I hung up as I was not going to listen to him ramble on.

4 Thank togogg
saratoga springs
“One of the best!”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We went for a Valentine's Day dinner and it was perfect! The waitress was very attentive, food was great, I love the atmosphere. No problem accomodating the vegetarian. I will be looking forward to eating here again.

2 Thank LoveSaratoga
USA
“A lovely little Bistro!”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We happened upon this lovely little bistro by chance and went in to see if they had a table. It was luntime on Valentine's Day and they were pretty full, but found us a table and even though they were really busy it didn't take long to get us settled with drinks and food.
The waitresses were friendly and polite, the food delicious and the ambiance was great. The only complaint I have is that the chocolate slabs they give out at the end had big bits of walnut in it, and I am allergic to nuts! Still, it did my figure good to have to refuse the chocolate!

1 Thank brusselsbabe