“Great food and wonderful environment”
Review of Maestro's - CLOSED

Maestro's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Phila Street
Description: A Fine American Bistro Gift CertificatesA gathering place for exceptional food and drink, Maestro's is now located in the clubhouse at McGregor Links Country Club in Wilton, New York, only 4 miles from our former home on Broadway in Saratoga. We invite you to join us for lunch, dinner or libations in this beautiful and peaceful setting. Whether dining in one of our dining rooms, "Edgar's Bar", or enjoying the summer breeze outside on our porch overlooking the club grounds, you'll marvel at our exceptional menu designed to tantalize your taste buds. Our menu offerings are sure to please, whether you're yearning for a burger and an ice old brew, celebrating a special event, or simply gathering with friends to enjoy dinner out. Executive Chef Mike Pietrocola and his staff are dedicated to preparing delicious and satisfying dishes for you. Maestros has built a solid reputation for great food, excellent service and a pleasing ambiance. That tradition continues at McGregor and we are confident you'll enjoy the atmosphere of our new home, a 1920's former hunting lodge in a most picturesque setting
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The restaurant is in the Rip Van Dam Hotel right smack in the middle of Saratoga's downtown. It is beautifully decorated and a separate bar area on the right features live music every night. The food is delicious, but save room for dessert and the pieces of chocolate handed out at the end. Beyond dinner, we've also enjoyed great lunches here.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm Saratoga over the weekend visiting my friends and they brought me to Maestro's. I found the food to be quite delicious...especially the Crab Cakes! The atmosphere was a little stranger for me but not in a bad way, I just didn't totally relaxed at the table but I did at the bar for after dinner drinks (it could have also been that we were sitting next to a business dinner and they seemed pretty stiff but that's not Maestro's fault). The cocktails were divine and the bartender were great. The servers and hosts could have used a bit more personality in my opinion but they were all very good. I would definitely return especially for a cocktail and crab cake at the bar.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited for lunch without a resevation. No problem being seated, but, that is where things started going wrong. We ordered soup and no bread was brought to the table. The salad advertised peanut sauce but none could be found in either salads. The lamb lollipops were smothered, and I do mean smothered, in hoison sauce that was way over powering. Most difficult to eat even after trying to get the sauce off. The server was very pleasant and tried her best to make us happy. We were very disappointed considering how highly rated by tripadviser.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The first time I went to Maestro's was when they were a couple doors down. Seating was very limited there. I got stuck at the last table, which was just outside the restroom. The food was nothing to write home about. They moved to their present location and a number of people were excited about it. The bar has a decent setup and atmosphere, but the restaurant set up didn't seem to work for me anyway. The menu was actually boring and I found little on it that got me in the mood. Once I did decide the food was not really anything to write home about. Some people rave about this place, but I doubt that I would go back. There are too many other choices in the area.

2  Thank Kenneth Larry H
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times now, and had consistently excellent food.
I don't think I have ever eaten a more delicious bread & butter pudding.
I consider myself a bit of a foodie, and eaten in several well known restaurants, and this chef offers extremely good value, and quality food.
And I do think that's hard to find these days. Will definitely go back!