“Good food....sloppy mistakes”

Cross street: Broadway
Nyack, New York
“Good food....sloppy mistakes”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

I ate at One Caroline Street during the Christmas break. One Caroline Street is in a cozy underground location with good music and food. The food was fresh and interesting. However, the presentation was mediocre.

On the way to the restaurant, the Hilton Hotel provided me with a 10% coupon for restaurant. When I submitted the coupon and the bill, the restaurant only took off 2% (rather than 10%) off the bill and the waiter made a snotty comment about us saving two dollars and 17 cents.

We don't typically use coupons when we dine out, but this experience was embarrassing and we expected the restaurant to honor the coupone.

Adam Lipson
914.552.3700

2 Thank adamlipson

Don Pedro Island, FL
“Love the ambience”
Reviewed September 4, 2008

My husband and I come to One Caroline whenever we're in town. This year, during a 3 week trip, we ate there 5 times. We love it. I try to order one of the specials, but sometimes I fall back on my favorite, sticky chicken and dirty rice. It's an excellent recipe.

If possible go when Sarah Pedinotti is playing. She's the owners daughter and a super singer!

Portions are smaller than some restaurants but are the right size for a satisfying meal without feeling "stuffed" afterwards.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best steaks I...”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

One of the best steaks I have ever had, but the last time we went I hated my meal...

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newark, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware the chef”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

The owner/chef, (consistent with most of his brethren), is loathe to actually cook your steak, so if you want him to do more than pass it fleetingly over a flame, abandon all hope ... order pasta instead. I have an aversion to feeling like I'm performing surgery in the middle of a restaurant, and had hoped that my strenuously expressed desire to at least be provided with a steak that was "medium" to the waitress would be adequate to ensure that at least enough heat had been introduced to the meat to assure cauterization, but alas, no such luck ... and the waitress made it clear that the owner/chef was in no mood to compromise when my meal was delivered.

Additionally, if you want to actually have a conversation with the people you are dining with, ask to be seated as far away from the owner's jazz ensemble, which is situated in the midst of the dining area, as possible.

The waitress was absolutely superlative. That notwithstanding, we shall not be returning to this establishment.

New York
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

food was very good, drinks good, service good. only thing was they were late with the reservation and we had a long wait but they comped a round of drinks and an appetizer which was very considerate.