“Sperry's Continues to Please”

Sperry's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sperry's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Sperry's Continues to Please”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Sperry's has been a Saratoga institution since the 1930s, and deservedly so. My husband and I had dinner there during a recent visit to Saratoga, and were extremely pleased with all aspects of the meal. The service was friendly, well trained and very efficient. While another reviewer found the menu to be limited, we did not think so. My husband had the brook trout and I had the wasabi shrimp. Each dish was ample, artfully presented and delicious. The wine list included a Hermann J. Wiemer riesling from the Finger Lakes region, which we found to be a perfect accompaniment. The only drawback was the "signature" cheese popover served prior to the meal; ours were very dry and tasteless. Perhaps they had been in a heated oven too long. The restaurant also ran out of the vanilla creme brule I ordered for dessert. This was a disappointment, especially coming so early in the evening, but perhaps it was for the best; I certainly didn't need the additional calories! All in all, we had a delightful meal, in a consistently good restaurant, in a wonderful town. We will definitely return!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carter M
SaratogaSperrys, Guest Relations Manager at Sperry's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are happy that you selected Sperry's during your recent visit and glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. We apologize that we were not able to serve you the vanila creme brule and hope you will stop in again for those "additional calories."

“Birthday Celebration to Remember!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Let me first start this review by saying I have never and I sincerely never had such an outstanding server as Benny! I was told that he is in such demand by restaurant goers that when I requested him to wait on our party I heard a pause at the other end of the phone and thought my request may not be honored. But the young lady who took my reservation said that he would be available. From the moment our party arrived we felt the warm embrace of Sperry's. the bartender John, who I recognized from another venue makes the best martini--perfect! We were seated and he appeared--Benny! After the hugs and kisses we got down to business as he reviewed the menu for us! The choice was difficult but with the guidance of Benny we placed our orders. A special appetizer was sent to our table by the great Chef Dale Miller, which was outstanding. Ordered our salads and entrees and next came the famous popovers. Salads were excellent and shortly came the entrees! The halibut was probably the best fish I ever had and companions mussels were five-star and on and on the entrees were cooked to perfection! During dinner a curtain call from Chef Dale Miller made everything complete. Because we were celebrating a birthday, a special dessert arrived and all forks on deck! A great event made perfect by Sperry's. A tip of my hat to Chef Dale Miller and his very capable staff. A special thank you to Benny, who made our dining experience and birthday celebration an event to be remembered. would love to clone Benny and bring him home. A must restaurant and they proved why they are a world class organization! Thank you!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank UncleMoChampion
SaratogaSperrys, Guest Relations Manager at Sperry's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your high recommendation. All of us at Sperry's take great pride in the service, food and drink preparation, and atmosphere. We are so glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration and will pass on your kind comments to John, Benny, Chef Miller and the rest of our staff. Hope we see you again soon.
Long Island, Ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, somewhat limited menu.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Service was excellent. Food was very good, but we found the menu to be too limited and a little overpriced for the food delivered.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mark G
SaratogaSperrys, Guest Relations Manager at Sperry's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you liked our service and food. However, we are assuming that you ordered from a prix fixe or limited menu, as our Dinner Menu offers over 15 appetizers and salads, and a full selection of seafood, beef, pork, poultry, and pasta entrees. We have just developed our Summer Dinner Menu, so we hope you will visit us again soon.
Ballston Spa, New York, United States
“Take a step back into 1930's Saratoga”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Sperry's for brunch and had a wonderful experience. Their farm fresh food was well prepared and tasty. The bloody mary's were the bartender's own original concoction...also tasty. The beautiful dark wood throughout and the photos of 1930's Saratoga give Sperry's a speak-easy kind of feel. Great brunch!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Connie S
Thank you for joining us for brunch - we appreciate your kind comments and are glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and our signature Bloody Mary.
“Excellent knowledge and confidence in the menu”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It as my 30th birthday and we went to sperrys for dinner with another couple. The wasabi shrimp was a recommendation of our waiter (rocky) and it was excellent. I wanted the trout (solely for the lobster bundles$ hut it was sold out. However they have me a side order if the bundles. The scallops, halibut, 59 hour ribeye and hangar steak au poivre was amazing. To top it off they brought out a dessert platter for my birthday. I would recommend and would definitely come back.

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for your recommendation. Chef Miller and his staff are always happy to accommodate our clientele when possible and we are glad you enjoyed your lobster-stuffed pasta bundles. Happy belated birthday and hope we see you again next year.