“Wonderful Indian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
New York
“Wonderful Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We travel to Saratoga a couple of times a year and never miss a trip to Little India. We are huge fans of Indian food and this place serves the best in the area! The service is a bit slow, but the food is worth the wait! Always fresh, always delicious. Kind wait staff and relaxed environment are a pleasure. Cute place off the beaten path on Court St.

Visited July 2013

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Very Good Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm by no means an Indian Cuisine connoisseur so in my inexperienced opinion the food was very tasty. I took two of my colleagues here for lunch on a Friday afternoon. Surprisingly we were the only ones in the place for the entire lunch hour. That kind of made me a bit nervous, but when the food came out everything looked very fresh. We ordered the Naan bread basket to come out with the food and the Naan was delicious, definitely freshly made. I ordered the only thing i ever order at an Indian restaurant, the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was excellent. Not sure what the other guys ordered but they loved it.

So i would definitely go back here for lunch and dinner and they also do take-out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vermont
“Peaceful, with good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our first time at Little India, on the recommendation of my son's college friend, so glad we went! The place is off the beaten path, so you have to know where it is. We went at opening on on a Saturday lunch. The place is simple, but clean. Our food was delicious, two types of nann, cocoanut soup, curried chicken for entrees. They ask you how you want it spiced (level), and medium was right on for all of us. The service was excellent, and four of us ate for $40.00, with apps. My son is a freshman at Skidmore, so we will be enjoying many more meals there!

• Visited February 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Easy to Miss, Worth a Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

It's out of the main restaurant part of town and off the main streets, so you aren't likely to find it by chance. Now, I have to start by saying that I've never been to India and have not eaten a lot of Indian food, so I'm perhaps a suspect judge of taste. Part of the reason for my lack of experience is that I'm not a big fan of spicy-hot food. But I like this place because they ask you just how spicy you want your order. The result is that I can savor the flavor without the burning sensation! But if you prefer the heat, you can get it. On our most recent dinner visit, the mulligatawny soup and vegetable kofta (vegetarian) were excellent. The breads are great, too. We were part of a large group, and the service was patient and helpful. The atmosphere is rather plain, the prices reasonable. Open for lunch and dinner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Authentic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I were pleasently surprised when we decided to pop in here for lunch. Although I felt the selections were somewhat limited, the dishes were flavorful. We hadn't ordered for ourselves before, but the menus had descriptions below their ethnic name. The restraurant was empty when we arrived but quickly filled by the time we finished. I was very pleased with the Lamb Binyani, and my husband enjoy a medium spiced Shrimp Curry. The Garlic Naan was tasty as well. We'll be back!