“A nice spot, definitely worth trying. I think 3.5 stars, but Trip Advisor only lets me choose 3 or 4.”

Henry Street Taproom
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Saratoga is filling up with libation focused food places. We had a special salad [watermelon, goat cheese, onions, mint] that was really good and a Panzanella salad that was not typical and was good [not great]. We then had the falafel which was not traditional and not bad [we are very well versed in mediterranean and middle eastern food] and it is hard to say how people would like it. We also had the fish tacos which were very good.

The standard drink menu and tap brews and drinks seemed like a good group to us. We are not huge beer people, so can't really evaluate the choices.

Service was very nice, prompt and friendly.

• Visited July 2013

Lake George, New York
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Tiny ,casual bar with some high tops and a few tables. Huge craft beer selection, but food and service was disappointing. Not busy but service was slow, mistake in the order, and waitress less than friendly. With all the choices in Saratoga probably would not go back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Robert B
Rochester, New York
“Quality Beer, Delicious Food, Brilliant Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Came across the Henry Street Taproom on TripAdvisor, and once again my fellow reviewers...you were right, and I thank you. The place itself is very cozy on the inside with a long bar that we chose to eat at. I had Facebook messaged the management to ask about the draft list for the evening we were coming and they responded back with an updated picture on their Facebook page. When we arrived the manager came and asked us if we were the group from Rochester and was very friendly and welcoming towards us. This doesn't happen at most restaurants and it was very refreshing. We were here on a Tuesday night and to our surprise it was flight night. 4 sample size beers (anything on the draft board of 16 choices) for four bucks. Tremendous deal considering that after 4 of them I was feeling fantastic. They have 16 beers on tap offering a wide range of flavors including saisons, heffeweissen, IPAs, porters, lagers, ect. The food was excellent (best I've had in Saratoga), started with the Meatball sliders ($6) which were four meatballs -lamb, wagyu beef, shrimp, and cheese balls, each with their own unique flavor and seasoning. Then based on reviewer picks and management recommendation, I tried the Scotch Egg ($6). Delicious crispy outside with slightly spicy chorizo sausage surrounding an egg topped with hollandaise ..so good. We then moved on to trying some of their many cheese offerings. The bartender suggested Beemster Goat Ghouda so we paired it with Valdeon and some prosciutto and salami. It came on a stone tablet with chalk to label the cheeses, very cool display and it made for excellent beer pairings. I still had room in my stomach so I ordered the shrimp and grits ($13). I had never had this before but now I will look for it everywhere I go. The grits were delicious, perfectly seasoned and just the right amount of sweet. It came with 4 enormous shrimp on top and drizzled ketchup which actually made for a tremendous flavor balance. Our party of 6 all shared the same experience I did, the food was fantastic, great variety of quality craft beer, over the top customer service. This is a must visit in Saratoga Springs for us now. If you are in town for the races or a concert, this place will not disappoint. A note about the crowd too, very mixed group of cool people. Saratoga Springs caters to the wealthy, its a beautiful place, but the atmosphere here was very cool and laid back and friendly. This would be an ideal spot for any type of occasion, family, friends, business, couples, anything.

• Visited June 2013
Greenwich NY
“Great food Great beer”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hail all, I've been away from here too long so her is my latest review, Henry Street Tap room (formally Virgil's house) has became a nice edition the the restaurant scene in Saratoga Springs.
I used to have to drive 45 min to Albany to find the extensive beer list the restaurant has on Tap. Im a hop head and they have at least 4 or 5 IPA's on tap and many others that I'm sure will sooth your pallet on the hot summer days and night to come. The food is outstanding and a bit differnt last night I had broiled Shimp (very Large ) and grits at first I said this isn't going to work but work it did. My wife had the Shrimp farm toast which in by its self (6$) is quite filling she also had a an order of the best hand cut fries this side o9f the New York State fair. We both split an order of cheese and sliced cured meat. They have a menu that also has some very good burgers, quail, scotch eggs, Its nice place if you have the munchies... (try a Milk shake dip your fries in the shake) Heaven.

• Visited April 2013
NYC
“Great Bar! Great Beer!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My friends brought me here while I was visiting because it was new and they had fallen in love with it. I can definitely see why! The bar was fantastic and the fire place area was so warm and cozy. The owners were very nice as were all of the bartenders and servers. Also, the beer was fantastic with tons of options!! I did not try the food myself but I hear it's pretty good.

• Visited March 2013