“The best in the area.”
Review of Mio Posto - MOVED

Mio Posto
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mio posto is a petite American Italian restaurant located in the heart of Albany, New York. Our attention to detail creates a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere for sophisticated dining. Danny Urschel's goal is to continue to develop mio posto with the intent to serve fresh, uncomplicated food to continually produce a gratifying experience for our guests.The menu is ever evolving. Based on local products and seasonal specialties, the menu is a culmination of thirty (30) years of expertise and experience cooking (and eating) with a great number of amazing individuals. With each new day, we pay respect to our past, while embracing innovative concepts and ideas.Whenever possible, we source products locally and use family-owned purveyors. We encourage reservation but are happy to have walk-ins, in space permits.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Mio Posto is a little slice of Europe in a sweet little town. I compare it to the fabulous meals we had in San Sebastian Spain. The atmosphere is casual, relaxed and refined. The food was the best in the Saratoga area that I have had. It is small and you do need to make reservations if you have to eat at a specific time. We got in fine at 6:00pm off season. You will find something on the wine list that you will like. It is a good list, we had a Barollo. We had appetizers of Mussels, Grilled Octopus and Sweet breads. They were all out of this world. My entree was a veal chop which was top notch my companion ordered Chicken and Polenta with an egg on it. The service was friendly, informative and attentive, couldn't ask for more.

1  Thank Slave2superpwr

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a very small restaurant, we sat by the door but they had a curtain closed between us and the door and it worked out fine. They had a few specials but seeing we had one of their last seatings a few of their specials were sold out (disappointing). The decor was great inside but seeing as though the restaurant is very small the noise level is defeaning. I actually had a headache by the time we left.
The food was exception. I had the Bada-Bing Shrimp and it was huge for a single appetizer (I actually wish I would have just ordered two of these and skipped the meal, even though that was good too). The flavors were delicious! For dinner my husband got the roasted duck and I had scallops with lobster risotto. He said the duck was cooked great but the flavor of the sauce it was in did not go well with it and the sides. The scallops were delicious but there wasn't very much, if any, lobster in the risotto but both we delicious. My husband got the coconut cream pie for dessert and said it was the best he's ever said. We would definitely return as the food was good.
Not many selections for wine/beer and no liquors are available. Our waitress was very nice but after we were seated friends of hers came in and sat next to us and they got all the attention, she barely had enough time to give us our bill.
Total cost for 2 appetizers, 2 drinks, 2 entrees and one dessert was $103

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a tiny 8 table restaurant. I would describe the atmosphere as surprisingly causal and friendly and without the expected Saratoga pretentiousness. You need to know there is wine only and no liquor/mixed drinks. The wines are available by the glass or bottle and are not too outrageously priced.
The food we had tended toward French-style with heavy creamy buttery sauces. The Badda Bing Shrimp appetizer is among the best things I have ever had. The Cavatelli and lobster was not good. The cavatelli really resemble wet worms and the lobster, for whatever reason, was chalky and fishy.
The sweatbreads were in a flavorful sauce but their texture was pretty fatty.
The Veal Danny was good, but again heavy with sauce that tasted all too similar to the other dishes sauces, and the Chicken was fine.
We were seated basically IN the kitchen, that's how small this place is (8 tables). It would benefit from the ability to serve liquor, and it would benefit from a greater range in what is served e.g. the sauces are too similar from dish to dish.
The chef clearly has some top-notch skills, and with a little effort and thought the restaurant could go from good to great. We two spent $140 inclusive of a $38 bottle of wine.

2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were told to go to this tiny restaurant. Told that we would be skeptical based on the unassuming outside and small inside. What we found was fantastic service and exquisite flavors. We savored every bite of out meal. And truly wish we had had room for dessert. I bet it would have been wonderful. My only complaint was that I sat by their closet door and had to keep my coat on due to the draft from the doorway. They need to put some weather stripping around that door.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had highly recommended Mio Posto to a group of out of town colleagues, who happened to be in the area for a culinary competition. 8 out of the 10 people at our table were high profile Chefs, including 3 ACF Certified Master Chefs. Talk about a tough table to cook for! Without a doubt Chef Petrosino delivered a brilliant and amazing experience from beginning to end! Every course was better than the last and the bread alone is enough to keep me coming back! Each dish was perfectly executed in flavor, doneness and presentation, and the total even more than the sum of all the parts...perfect harmony. All of our expectations were surpassed and I would unhesitatingly recommend Mio Posto to anyone wanting to experience arguably the upstate NY regions and beyond best Italian cuisine. The service was gracious and accommodating, and every request was met with a pleasant smile and polished cooperation. Guests are still talking about the fabulous dinner and look forward to coming back again next year! Fortunately, I live in the area and will have the pleasure of dining there on a regular basis.

3  Thank cmcdlm