“I'd druthers go elsewhere”

Druthers Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“I'd druthers go elsewhere”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Decided to try Druthers because I read great reviews. We were seated right away, but no one acknowledge us for twenty minutes. Finally, I caught the waitress's attention ( she was serving the two tables on either side of our table). She apologized and told us no one told her we were seated. Craft beer was fine, Mac and cheese was a very large serving (a little. It burnt on top), and hamburger was tasty. Generous servings, fresh ingredients, good service once we were acknowledged. Probably will not return.

New York, NY
“So amazing in every way”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friends and I were blown away by this place. The food was without exception delicious, plentiful and reasonably priced. We left stuffed and with enough boxes of leftovers to feed us for another meal or even two. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was fine. The chili is a little sweet but also spicy and meaty and is perfect on its own or as part of the French fry, cheese and chili appetizer (which is beyond tasty and, basically, a must-order). The meatloaf and the spicy mac and cheese deserve a special mention as they are SO much better than I have ever had at any comfort food restaurant or brew pub or in fact any other restaurant ever. The smoky chicken wings were really well-prepared but I personally thought they had too much sauce (but my three friends disagreed with me and said they were perfect). The Cubano was totally not traditional but all the better for it. OK, but this is a brew pub, so how were the beers? We had the apple ale and the hefeweizen and were very happy. I can't wait to go back again, especially when we can sit outside in the beautiful courtyard. If I lived in Saratoga Springs I would eat at Druthers at least once a week and I wish they would open in Manhattan. Preferably next door.

1 Thank Scobeaux
NYC
“GREAT PLACE FOR DRINKS and FOOD”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was my first time at Druthers. I gotta say all the beers are excellent!!!!!! But the Burgers and Mac and Cheeses are all fantastic. Really big potions. The bar scene is fun plus in the summer the out door dining makes eating a real treat. Great place..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FilmGuy2166
“A very enjoyable lunch outside in Saratoga Springs”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had an excellent lunch at Druthers Brewing Co with my family. We had no doubt that the locally brewed beer would be wonderful; we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, the ambiance sitting outside, and the professional service. Fried calamari and fried mozzarella were both delicate, served with very good tomato based dipping sauces. All burgers were serious events, prepared exactly as ordered. The messier the better. Top notch French fries. Fish tacos were very good as well. If the weather allows you to sit outside (many area heaters provided), so much the better. Would happily have another meal at Druthers during a future visit....

2 Thank msmbedford
Illinois
“Hole in the wall”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends had been to this place before and said it was a nice place place, The food was above average and a bit pricey; but during the racing season, most restaurants probably raise the prices. The problem is that half of the place is outdoor seating meaning if it starts to rain, you will put inside. However, if the inside is full. there will be a problem. The hostess will inform you of this. With many other places to go in town, this restaurant is average to above average. I do not drink beer, but there are many to choose which is probably the drawing card. The entryway is very narrow and one could miss it even when walking down Broadway

• Visited July 2013