“Smoky, sweet, rich, tangy, fresh--and all designed to share”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boca Bistro

Boca Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Boca Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Division Ave
Description: Its a new restaurant which opened on June 12, 2012
albany, ny
“Smoky, sweet, rich, tangy, fresh--and all designed to share”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Full disclosure--i am a huge DZ Restaurant fan (they operate 4 different, high quality restaurants in this area.) I am also a Preferred Guest customer (and if you are not--get your card the next time you visit--i saved $15 on my bill last night!)
Having said all that, it was my first trip to this part of the DZ 'family', and as always, my expectations were met and surpassed. The 'small plate' idea was lovely for the four of us, giving us ample opportunity to taste little bits of lots of things, all of which are perfectly prepared, and at a reasonable cost.
As a non-meat eater, I ordered the Spanish omelette ($8) and the sauteed fresh fava beans (also $8), both of which would have been more than a meal for me. Others ordered the stuffed pepper, dates stuffed with almonds and wrapped in smoky bacon, the meatball--huge and also wrapped in bacon and nestled in a lovely, smooth homemade roma sauce. We also started with the mixed cheese platter which included quince paste and a lovely, spicy-sweet bowl of roasted walnuts. How good does life get, with all these small bites of perfectly cooked, well-seasoned Spanish foods?? We ended with a flourless torta in saffron cream, which was the real thing--genuine notes of piquant saffron in the smooth, pale-yellow pool in which the deep chocolate torta rested. All four of us shared this, and I had a dark, strong cup of decaf--very hard to find in most restaurants. Decaf so often tastes like an afterthought, but this was the rich and satisfying.
The service was impeccable. We were not rushed, despite the fact that it is the busiest season in Saratoga ((racing season).
The decor, as always, is authentic with a kind of upscale peasant bar sort of feel. Internal brick walls are varnished; lighting is subdued but adequate for reading a menu with poor vision (me).
I know that I am a fan of these restaurants (Pasta Pane in Clifton Park, Forno Bistro in Saratoga, Chianti in Saratoga), but it is simply because they get it right.and they don't skimp on atmosphere or service. Prices are also reasonable (a full meal for all 4 of us, minus drinks, was $81--deal!!)
It was a lovely way to spend two lazy, tasteful hours on a rainy afternoon with a significant other, my son and his girlfriend. When I left, I felt like I had been to a spa because I was relaxed, felt pampered, and had the memory of an exceptional meal still teasing my palate.
(Oh--did I mention the complimentary olive platter and slices of thin, crusty bread that arrived as soon as we sat down? and which they REFILLED for us???)

Danbury, Connecticut
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to Boca Bistro after a day at the track this weekend and experienced an amazing meal. We arrived a bit after our reservation time due to traffic but they kept our seats which was great, no waiting.

The decor is nicely done, the service was prompt and the food was delicious. We had the Seafood, Chicken, Chorizo paella for two and were stuffed. Others in our party enjoyed the salmon and trout that were offered as well.

Definitely a refreshing option from the standard fare offered at other spots in Saratoga.

Simsbury, Connecticut
“My husband is still talking about it!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a delicious meal one lazy Monday afternoon this summer! I had a yummy cold cantaloupe soup - wow! I didnt even want to share one bite with my hubby! The ambiance and service were great and there was a nice variety on the menu. The wine list creatively described tastes that I have never been able to put into words! It was really quite amazing....

Outdoor sidewalk seating was nice - inside air conditioning might have been a better choice in retrospect as it was blazing hot that afternoon!

Elmira, New York
“Good food but needs work with service.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good. The service was lacking for an extended period of time --didn't speak to anyone for approximately 15 minutes after seated. We had to flag down several different people to get service. Having said that however, once our waiter came to our table, he was terrific!! He offered suggestions, gave us a taste of the sangria, and was attentive. The food was very well done. We had several tapas and a dessert. No complaints about the food.

Markham, Canada
“Professional service, great food presentation and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We will likely return to this restaurant if we are in Saratoga Springs for lunch. The atmosphere was calm, comfortable and interesting. The acoustics were just right, so that we were able to hear each other speak, even in low tones. The service was professional and friendly. The menu options were well chosen, with a number of interesting sandwiches and soups. Our son has a nut allergy and our very pleasant waitress took this seriously and graciously. And the food was delicious and well presented.