“The Greeker! and BBQ too!”

Mr Ed's Memphis Barbecue
Ranked #180 of 256 Restaurants in Saratoga Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: (518) 581-8633
Description: (518) 581-8633
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ah, the good old days when Mr. Ed's was on Broadway. This is really a hidden gem that only the locals know about. It's not flashy or downtown so most tourist don't stray this far out of "town" but it's worth a trip. Don't expect anything fancy, but the bbq is great and they still serve greekers! Ice cream and plenty of other choices. Parking is plentiful. Outside picnic tables. A good place to take small kids.

1  Thank JudyMetroNYCarea

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Mr. Ed’s is located near the track in Saratoga it’s a great little place that I never knew about until a local Saratogian mentioned it. The building is small but has a number of booths and tables. Outside are tall trees like a campground setting. There are picnic tables outside under a large red and white tent and a few under the trees. Parking is plenty and wasn’t an issue at all. They offer BBQ as well as ice cream. I ordered the Ribs with a side of coleslaw and beans (comes w/ cornbread) in addition to a few pulled pork sliders. The portions are very large and I couldn’t eat it all but it was pretty good. The food came out quickly and the staff was very nice. Only thing I regret was not getting a milkshake as they looked really good. Overall it’s a great little place to stop in and get some good BBQ. I’ll be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were regulars here last year. We went back this year. Let me say. It is gross. Where is the potato salad? The garlic mashed were my absolute favorite last year. They tasted like plain old mashed potatoes. The meat was gross. Tough, old. Yuck!! The atmosphere was better last year. Nobody seems happy. The food is different. There looks to be new cooks. Well I won't go there again. Get the old cooks back and we will be back. I don't see it lasting long this way.

4  Thank poohbear73