“Staff couldn't be nicer but I wish it was cleaner”

Courtyard Saratoga Springs
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just stayed here for the 2nd time in the past few months. On our first visit the room and bathroom seemed dirty. I mentioned it while chatting at check-out (not complaining) and was assured that it was a housekeeping fluke and to please consider staying again at a discount.

They were so nice so I went ahead and made a reservation for more business I needed to do in Saratoga. At check-in everyone was just lovely and I was given keys to a room on a different floor. The room could stand another vacuum and the hair dryer was covered in dust.

The location is great and the staff really welcomes you and makes you feel at home.

1  Thank Netlizard
MAHCYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We're happy to see there were a number of things that you were pleased with. We certainly appreciate the positive feedback on the service provided by our staff. However, it is disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with the room cleanliness. We hope you will choose to give us another chance the next time you are in Saratoga. The issues with the room you commented on will certainly be discussed with the housekeeping staff. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Megan Hennessey, General Manager

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was not our first stay at this hotel. We have stayed at the Residence up the street as well and prefer that one. We were wondering on this trip how you can build two hotels at the same time and have one seem so much older than the other??
On this trip our room on the third floor had a clogged tub drain so our showers were tainted with other people's DNA. Perfect. We found another person's eyeglasses as well - along with sunflower seeds - behind the nightstand.
We definitely prefer the Residence. They seem to be more detail oriented, but for the price the Courtyard is doable - except for the plumbing issue.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
MAHCYGM, General Manager at Courtyard Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for offering your feedback. Our goal is to provide 100% satisfaction to all guests, and I am disappointed to hear we did not achieve that goal with your stay. The cleanliness issues you commented on have been discussed with our team, and action has been taken to prevent them in the future. We will also be undergoing a lobby renovation here soon, and would love for you to see it for your next visit. We welcome all feedback, as this only helps us to improve. Again, we apologize that you were not pleased with your stay, but we would appreciate the opportunity to show you that this was not typical of our standards if traveling to the Saratoga area in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Megan Hennessey, General Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2014

4 friends and I recently visited Saratoga to have a "girls' weekend." We enjoyed the area a great deal, and coming back to our hotel each evening only added to our experience. The Courtyard by Marriott in Saratoga Springs is a fabulous spot, centrally located and just what we were looking for!

The staff at the hotel was exceptional. From the young man at the desk was very knowledgeable about the area. The fireplace in the lobby was inviting, and our room was spotless. When we arrived at the hotel, we realized we needed some items that we had forgotten. With the help of Riley Mahoney, we were supplied with everything we needed! Can't recommend the place highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just returned from a weekend event including time in the meeting space as well as two overnights. Accommodations exceeded expectations. Staff was very friendly and consistently there for our needs. Breakfast each morning was good. The meeting facility meet all of our needs. I have stayed here before and the rooms are always great and this time I was also able to enjoy the meeting space.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tina L
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I wanted to see all that Saratoga Springs has to offer, so I decided to book at a national chain--Marriott. I was doing business in Albany. Albany and Saratoga are like night and day. Albany is a pit. I felt safer once I arrived in Saratoga Springs. In terms of this hotel, they are about to have the new, traditional Courtyard renovation. (Wall paper with the big red queen anne's lace floral pattern....)The room was clean yet dated. Old fashion decor. A lamp with an old style lamp shade. I will ask next time for a room NOT next to the highway. I heard road noise. Not the best sleep. I will note, the staff was very helpful in noting the top attractions to see on a short visit. The bartender was very convivial; so too was the front desk clerk who checked me in and the the clerks at check-out. Pleasant. Not terse. I would return, yet I hope they read this....when you renovate, install quiet/noise reduction windows.

Room Tip: Ask if the renovation has taken place. Ask for directions to the hotel. I got lost. It is the last m...
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I recently stayed here while on a business trip to Saratoga Springs. I found the hotel to be very clean with nice staff. The rooms were clean and very nicely done. I have to come back a few more times this year and I will be staying here again. Thank you Marriott!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

What a great way to chase the winter blues away. Stayed at the Courtyard a few months ago was so thrilled to be greeted by Jason at the front desk and Rooms Care Manager Riley Mahoney. Their knowledge of the area was wonderful and truly extended hospitality that is often lacking when away from home. I'd strongly recommend staying at this lovely Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends