Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience... until it rained.

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen M
Sioux Falls, United States
Very fun day

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Roam764750

1,694 results
All reviews picnic area betting windows people watching grandstand seats bring your own finish line backstretch tour general admission summer place beautiful horses plenty of food dress code labor day food vendors bucket list racing fan visit saratoga
Reviewed 1 week ago

We sat along the fence where the jockeys ride the horses to the track and then watched the races on a big screen. The two things that would have made it nicer were a bathroom in a closer location and grass or a wooden patio under the big tree where we sat. It started to rain and it became muddy. Yes, we knew the weather was possible showers, but it would make for a much more fun experience to not have dirty shoes, pants and chairs.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fun place to visit. The race track and surroundings are just beautiful. Grounds are so well maintained. Concessions are a little pricey but that's to be expected. Overall a very good experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of America's oldest race tracks. So much charm and picturesque atmosphere. A must visit during the season.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

I've been going to "The Track" since I was a child and still find it exhilarating. There's no where more interesting to people watch and no race track where you can get closer to the horses and watch them parade to the post like you can in Saratoga. The atmosphere is historic and comfortable, but if you want, you can dress up and go to the Club House for a day of luxury.
Mu only issues, that have come up in the past few years are the commercialization of the track with numerous vendors who have set up shop all over the back picnic area, taking away from the family atmosphere and turning it into more of a "fair" sales place. In addition, so many horses have "broken down in the past few years that it has been hard to watch many of the races, seeing these beautiful animals succumb to the rigors of the sport. Whiles we enjoy the race course and all that it has been and continues to be, you should be aware of this before going. You get a lot of "bang for your buck", great entertainment, but be aware.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

The race track has been ruined by all the commercial industry that they have put into the historical venue. We paid for tickets for "the Stretch". The seats were good, but the price was way too high for the card filled days. We could not afford to go on those days. The food in that section was horrible. The French fries were very bland. I am not sure if they even had a real chef on site to make those. It really did not taste like it. They were very disappointing, after they praised them so much. The drinks were over priced and were not made properly. The bartender had no clue how to make any kind of drink. They put vodka and lemonade in a tiny cup and charged $14 for it. Also, they only had one waitress working the entire area. Hire more and the right people. You have a ton of security guards who can't run two feet without getting out of breathe and are 100 years old. Hire some of them to help her out.
The track's history is ruined. Customers are mean. One person stole my seat, when I went to the rest room. They threw my pizza on the ground. People need to learn manners and respect their fellow person.The people are rude and it is clearly obvious that all the vendors and staff only care about money. What happened to the times were all people, no matter what salary they make could enjoy the race track? That is gone. You must be well off and have at least $100 before you even enter the race course. You must have a ton of extra money to attend the race track now. They even raised the cost of admission this year. My husband and I will never attend the race course ever again. The charm of the entire venue is gone.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Always a fun day to go to the track, with some food and drinks, sit under the trees and place a few bets. I never win, but the place is beautiful and the horses are gorgeous and fun to watch. I especially love to go early in the morning, grab a breakfast sandwich and watch the horses workout.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I was absolutely thrilled to be able to go to Saratoga Race Course for my first time for the Travers Stakes. It was very enjoyable. Much less the circus atmosphere of Churchill Downs. I know it's much smaller, but still. Kentucky Derby about did me in.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

So much fun! We didn’t even bet on the races. Loved watching the horses race. We also took the tour behind the tracks. So much variety with food. We advise spending a little more to sit in the Clubhouse with a better view of the finish line. Wearing hats not necessary. They have a dress code but we wore capris and a nice jersey top. We brought straw hats but they weren’t necessary. However great when walking in the sun. Definitely visit the paddock to see the horses and jockeys march into the track.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

My wife and I traveled with another couple to see the races
There were quite a few people there but everyone was friendly, no pushing, getting cut off or annoying situations
There was several choices for refreshments
Well organized and pleasant to visit, we'll do it again

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Came to this track during the week and was surprised how busy it got by the time we left. It was cool to go to and walk around the grandstand, knowing that this is a pretty old site, and once you got the hang of it, betting was simple.

The aroma of the place though was cigars, cigarettes, and beer. Not quite my style. Also learned about the intricacies of horse racing and drugging of the horses for performance.

1  Thank schmayla98