“Loved our Visit”

The Inn at Saratoga
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We recently stayed overnight in one of the suites in the brick house behind the hotel. The sitting room featured a cozy fireplace, and was furnished with antiques. The bedroom was comfortable and also delightfully furnished and decorated. However, the spotlessly clean bathroom was our favorite! Recently done over, it featured a huge jacuzzi tub and a separate steam shower. We wished we were able to spend more time enjoying the room.
Dinner at the restaurant was a treat! We wanted to sit in the bar area and this was not a problem. Our waitress and bartender were professional, courteous and lots of fun! Our meal was excellent and we especially recommend the rack of lamb. Breakfast in the morning was lovely as well, featuring many homemade dishes.
The location is perfect. We walked everywhere and enjoyed the lovely Victorian homes and beautiful shops in town. We will definitely visit again!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank NewYorkVan

Reviewed April 6, 2008

I stayed at the Inn this past weekend and was very happy with the facilities. I had changed last minute from the Holiday Inn, since I wanted a more historic stay, which was the same price.

After a three hour drive from Boston, I arrived early for check-in, but was told my room was available. The size and cleanliness stood out immediately. While I know some people call the facility dated, I call it charming. AND, it's very fitting of Saratoga. No complaints from here! Beds are comfortable, showers are hot, and there's free WIFI.

Later that night, I went to the bar for a drink and was amused by the great bartender, Winnie, and many locals. I felt so at home and look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank kara7374
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We are frequent visitors to the Inn at Saratoga, and find it hard to believe some of the things that others have written! The rooms are each unique and interesting- and immaculate!! We especially love the coziness of the carriage house, but the convenience to the delicious breakfast in the Inn can't be beat! The staff are all friendly and helpful, especially Adam the G.M. We enjoyed the music in the summer they had dancing in the bar) and the comedy club in the fall! Our meals were not only delicious, they looked beautiful as well! Staying at the Inn makes an ordinary weekend seem like a true vacation. The beautiful antiques and cozy bar have a feeling of Old Saratoga that carries the spirit of Old Saratoga into our lodging and makes for a very romantic and yet restful break from the daily grind. We would highly recommend the Inn at Saratoga for anyobne who wants to experience the history of Saratoga today!

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank Boogier
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Do yourself a favor and avoid this over-priced, run-down facility. You'll be much happier if you stay at the Holiday Inn across the street.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamesj223
tias, General Manager at The Inn at Saratoga, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2007

In response to watch out for the bugs. I find this review disheartening because one person can damage the reputation of a fine establishment. I personally, along with the front office manager and a housekeeper, thoroughly inspected the room in question and found no trace of bugs. The room was inspected corner to corner and floor to ceiling. We are not a run down facility. We are a historic hotel that has been kept up by rennovations and do not pretend or want to be a Holiday Inn (nothing agains Holiday Inns). I think our pictures will testify to that. In the 11 years I have been General Manager at The Inn at Saratoga this is the only person ever to mention bugs in our hotel.

Reviewed November 15, 2007

I recently stayed here, and was very disappointed with their check-out policy. Their internet connectivity went out in the middle of the night. When I informed them, they kept telling me they were working on it. I lost 4 hours of work time during the night and by 6am when there was still no progress other than empty promises, I checked out and went elsewhere. Even though the following day was a Tuesday, they refused to refund my booking since they couldn't fill the room. I don't know what you have to do to cancel a room if 6am isn't early enough! The room was OK, but a bit worn around the edges. I travel a great deal - but I sure won't stay here again.... BTW... Hotels.com was no help here either. I booked through them and they won't refund either. I won't book through them again either.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank OnTheRoadAgainDoc
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stayed in one of the (4) suites which is in a brick house separate from the main building. The room was large and attractive. The bathroom included a jacuzzi tub with a truly relaxing steam shower stall. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious and we enjoyed the generous and tasty breakfast in the morning. The staff was both friendly and efficient. Location is right on Broadway (i.e. "Main Street") with a short walking distance to the center of "downtown" Saratoga Springs. The bar is very nice and always welcoming and we found the drinks prices to be typical for the Saratoga Springs area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TogaTraveler
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Saratoga is a beautiful town steeped in history. The Inn at Saratoga possesses Victorian charm, but beyond that provides nothing else to justify the high nightly rates.

The staff was gracious and inviting. The complementary breakfast was one of the best I’ve ever experienced. I awoke to fresh fruit salad, gourmet granola, succulent sausages and plump waffles among other common morning delights.

The room was clean, spacious, but run of the mill. Nothing notable here. One benefit was the proximity to the entertainment district. Nightlife is just a 10-minute walk straight down Broadway.

I did not have an unpleasant experience but I would have enjoyed a few more luxuries for the $205 I spent on one night stay at an upstate New York hotel.

If the room had a Jacuzzi, dinner included, spa treatments, or anything additional... I would have no grievance. I do, however, regret paying for faded, simple, charm.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple