“Loved it !!!”

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Madrid
“Loved it !!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Clean ! Comfortable !! Great staff !! Excellent whirlpool in the main pool - usually I can't use whirlpools are they are too hot.
I read all the reviews and can't believe those with complaints stayed at the same hotel. Great breakfast free in room and lobby coffee all day. Cookies all day. Great location.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chestnut Hill, MA
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were satisfied with the rooms and the service. We had several adults and a baby in our family, so the hotel placed the rooms as close together as possible, even though this was a very busy weekend with horse racing season and a popular concert. The rooms were clean with a nice layout. While we usually stay in more upscale hotels, we had nothing to complain about during our brief stay at the Comfort Inn of Saratoga Springs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mount Washington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 31, 2009

As has been said in other reviews, this hotel has obviously been remodeled in recent years. My room was nice and roomy. Great bed and AC. Mall and lots of shopping nearby. Although near the Interstate the hotel backs up to a woods and is very quiet. The very attractive downtown is a mile or so south with some great restaurants. History buffs should not miss the nearby Saratoga Battlefield. The Park is out Hwy. 29 (near the hotel) and south a few miles on 4. Other great museums as well. A beautiful area!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This was the perfect experience. It was helped by the fact that they were having some sort of issue, so they upgraded me to a king suite for free. The bed was soft, the shower was amazing. They were super polite and helpful when I had forgotten something. When I asked for a late check-out, they graciously gave me one, even though they were busy. Free wi-fi, and a very delicious continental breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Stayed 2 nights with a 17 year old soccer team. The hotel staff was courteous, the rooms were clean and the location was only minutes from downtown. The staff let the team stay after checkout to watch a pro soccer game on the lobby TV.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009
New York
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Went up to Americade in Lake George & stayed overnight here. Excellent location, excellent price, staff was helpful & friendly. Room was very nice. The free breakfast was good too. Indoor pool a little small. Nice buffet restaurant next door. If we go to Americade next year - we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn off Exit 15 of the Northway. It was in the perfect location & fairly reasonably priced for the area. I liked the lobby with lounge, stone fireplace, dining room overlooking the pool area & small breaktfast kitchen area. I thought the room was clean & updated. I was about to prepare for bed at 11:15pm when the fire alarms went off! Within minutes the staff said the fire dept was on the way & it was a mandatory evacuation. So into the lobby I went with my purse & sat at a dining table with the rest of the guests. The fire trucks arrived & in & out went the firemen. We were back in our rooms in an hour, at 12:15am. It turns out some unsupervised 10 yr old girls flooded there 2nd floor room so badly it came through the ceiling downstairs & set off the alarms! The following morning all guests were given 20% off their rate. I was given an additional $20 off because I was on the "wet" side of the hotel. This was before I informed them I was a member of tripadvisor.com. My only complaint is that during that hectic 1 hr the staff all but ignored us. They never updated us as to what was happening. Like when would the fire dept arrive, leave, what caused the problem & when could we go back to our rooms. Although the lobby was nice, they never turned on the flat screen tv in the lounge to help keep us entertained at midnight. They also did not offer us free coffee, tea, muffins etc even though they were right there in the lobby. They did their best, under the circumstances, and I would recommend staying there again!

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — Being evacuated!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business