“Great for Travel with Pet, Otherwise Underwhelming”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First off, this property gets the Gold Star of Pet Friendliness. They accepted our small dog (there are size limits, you may want to check before booking) for a mere $10 pet fee tacked onto the reservation. Just fabulous, makes travel with a pet which is otherwise difficult very easy. They gave us a room in one of the wings right near a side door that led to an expansive grassy area that allowed for easy pet relief. Excellent.

Other positive points were a comfortable bed, very adequate breakfast with a friendly staff, and a modern look to the property.

Now the downsides... but for the pet friendliness (which earned it an extra star), I'd probably rate this property 2 stars.

-Wireless internet didn't work the entire time I was there and I was counting on it. I reported the outage to the desk and although friendly they were not very helpful, offering to re-set the router based on mine and another guests complaints. No idea if they ever did or not, but the internet never worked properly. I have a very standard computer with a standard setup that worked just fine the month before connecting to Hampton Inn hotel Wifi.

-Old nasty comforter on the bed. Haven't we all moved over to fresh duvets yet? Apparently this property hasn't. I thought those things were a thing of the past.

-Room was dark and the decor a little baren, although it was nice and modern. The room needed another lamp and had a large space where most properties would have another lamp, but this property didn't have one.

-Terrible TV signal. Pet peeve of mine: why stock the room with a nice new LG flatscreen HDTV if you're going to use crappy ANALOG signal?!?! It was really bad, fuzzy and subpar. Clearly the property was just going for the look rather than the experience.

The bottom line? If I were traveling to Saratoga Springs with my dog again I would definitely stay here as it fit our needs quite nicely. If it was just the two of us, however, we'd stay somewhere a little nicer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveM1985

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The last time I was in Saratoga Springs, I went into town to stay in a hotel. This time, because I was driving a rental truck, I wanted something just off an exit and handy to restaurants. I was really pleased. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean and well organized. The pool, which is accessible from a corridor of first floor rooms, is not intrusive. The room was great! High speed internet, very comfortable bed, microwave and fridge. I ordered in food from the local Italian restaurant so everything was perfect.

Even the front desk gentleman, at 6AM when I checked out was cheerful and helpful. Overall, I can't think of a thing that this hotel was lacking. For a traveler who wants a peaceful night, this is perfect.

Room Tip: I had room 110 on the first floor, and was afraid that it would be noisy, but it was incredibly sile...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LoverOfSeattle
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I needed a hotel in the Saratoga Springs area on short notice due to bad weather, and phoned to make a same day reservation here after seeing the good reviews on Tripadvisor. What I found was a cheerful welcome (even at 11pm!), a clean room, a comfortable bed, and super-fast Internet service. Just what I needed!

The only negative about the experience were the screaming child at the pool who put a bit of a damper on morning breakfast (I wish hotels would realize that is within their purview to dictate parameters of behavior for adults and children when they have impact on the quality of experience for others!) and the overflowing trash receptacle at the coffee station, hence a 4 instead of 5 rating. But I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Away from the pool area would be quietest, I would ask for that next time
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travlinblond
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We always do our shopping trips in Saratoga and stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites, It is superbly well situated, staff are friendly and always there to help, breakfast is free and offers hot and cold items and quite extensive selection of food and fresh fruit. Also parking is free. all in all a great experience and fun experience. Rooms always clean, large, with fridge.
Front desk staff very courteous, smiles and greetings every day and gave us all the info re breakfast hours, wireless info right away. Will be staying there again. 100%.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a great location to all the shopping and restaurants in and around Saratoga Springs...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LANA1939
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while skiing about 45 min. north at Gore. We had a 2 bedded suite with couch, decent size fridge w/freezer and microwave. There was plenty of space for 2 adults and our 16 year old son + our ski gear. We used the fitness equipment which was newer and in excellent condition. We did use the pool which was on the small side and would have liked hitting a hot tub/jacuzzi pool after skiing but there wasn't one near the pool. The breakfast was very good - included scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal w/ selection of toppings (brown sugar, honey, walnuts, raisins), belgian waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, etc. Coffee/tea was available all hours as well as fresh fruit and sometimes cookies. Location is very convenient to I-87 and to downtown Saratoga. Also, many restaurant & shopping options in the same location. We would definitely stay again...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Upstatefamily
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a clean, well equipped double room. The heat worked well, the room was quiet, and there was plenty of parking, Check in and out was fast and easy. The breakfast was much better than the typical free breakfast - fresh eqqs and breads that were not stale!

The location is a few minutes off I87, in a 'big box store' part of town, about 3 miles/5 minutes from the town center.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bddNewEngland
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brand new property with a very sharp and well trained staff. The lobby/breakfast area was warm and inviting - perfect on a -10 degree night; coffee and cookies were hot and fresh throughout the night. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful, even taking the time to explain the in-room motion sensing HVAC unit, assuring me that the room would warm quickly once someone entered it -- and it did. The room was well appointed with a very comfortable bed, easy chair, microwave & fridge. Although the room was directly off the lobby, there was no noise to be heard at all -- and there's a lot to be said for walking 10 steps out the door in the morning to get that first cup of coffee! As I've said in previous reviews, Choice tends to be hit-or-miss (I've been in their "higher" brands that didn't come close to the level of quality and service here) but this is the kind of place you arrive at, sigh pleasantly, and remind yourself to give your travel planner a nice big hug next time you see her!

Room Tip: My room was directly off the lobby (almost IN the lobby) and I was worried at first about noise, but...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business