First off, this property gets the Gold Star of Pet Friendliness. They accepted our small dog (there are size limits, you may want to check before booking) for a mere $10 pet fee tacked onto the reservation. Just fabulous, makes travel with a pet which is otherwise difficult very easy. They gave us a room in one of the wings right near a side door that led to an expansive grassy area that allowed for easy pet relief. Excellent.
Other positive points were a comfortable bed, very adequate breakfast with a friendly staff, and a modern look to the property.
Now the downsides... but for the pet friendliness (which earned it an extra star), I'd probably rate this property 2 stars.
-Wireless internet didn't work the entire time I was there and I was counting on it. I reported the outage to the desk and although friendly they were not very helpful, offering to re-set the router based on mine and another guests complaints. No idea if they ever did or not, but the internet never worked properly. I have a very standard computer with a standard setup that worked just fine the month before connecting to Hampton Inn hotel Wifi.
-Old nasty comforter on the bed. Haven't we all moved over to fresh duvets yet? Apparently this property hasn't. I thought those things were a thing of the past.
-Room was dark and the decor a little baren, although it was nice and modern. The room needed another lamp and had a large space where most properties would have another lamp, but this property didn't have one.
-Terrible TV signal. Pet peeve of mine: why stock the room with a nice new LG flatscreen HDTV if you're going to use crappy ANALOG signal?!?! It was really bad, fuzzy and subpar. Clearly the property was just going for the look rather than the experience.
The bottom line? If I were traveling to Saratoga Springs with my dog again I would definitely stay here as it fit our needs quite nicely. If it was just the two of us, however, we'd stay somewhere a little nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saratoga's choice hotel... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Springs Comfort Inn