“Twist tie in the food and awful service”
Review of El Mexicano

El Mexicano
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2019

We went out to eat for my daughter's birthday last weekend. Our waiter was horrendous. He kept walking away from us while asking questions, disappered after taking the order, was not corteous but to top off the evening a twist tie was in my daughter's food, when we told the waiter he walked away laughfing. We discussed it with the owner who was very apologetic and apparently talked to the waiter about it. They offered us a second round of tequila but we refused it since we couldn't wait to leave this place. I have had better mexican food at many other places in the area, this food was average which did not justify the price we paid. We will not be back again. What should have been a nice celebration for our family turned out to be a nightmare. Ridiculous.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Acceptable Mexican food Most servers are very friendly. 1 guy not so much. FANTASTIC beer and margaritas menu. Salsa is fresh and excellent.But too bright inside. Dim the lights. Decore is nice
Dinner for 2 without drinking was about $40 all inclusive.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019

This is the best Mexican option in Saratoga Springs. Large portions are enough to share. I had the cactus salad and the shrimp crevice - both excellent. Fun atmosphere, great salsa with chips.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed December 16, 2018

The food is OK, but our experience was quite strange. At the end of the dinner, we tried to pay with credit cards VISA as well as Mastercard cards were refused. When we propose therefore to go to an ATM, we had a strong physical pressure to send only 1 person with a big feeling of suspicion. When we asked for a bill or a receipt (it was a business dinner), they explained us that it was not possible. We had to take a picture of an internal list, hoping that the company will accept it. Really sorry for these bad moments as the food was OK...

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I stopped here en route back from NYC on a whim. We are so glad we did. Excellent Tex Mex, attentive service, free chips and salsa, quesadilla, and dessert with each meal... highly recommend! You might not expect much from the sign out front or the goofy murals inside, but this is better Mexican than I’ve had in VT / upstate NY. Best mole I’ve ever had.

Date of visit: December 2018