“Disappointed”
Review of Lincoln Mineral Baths - CLOSED

Lincoln Mineral Baths
More attraction details
Owner description: Fling your cares away in the buoyant mineral waters of this state-run bathhouse, where mud baths, facials, aromatic cream massages and other available options will leave you feeling like a new person.
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Found the place to be very clinical. Not comfortable at all.

4 Thank TALNewYork

Sand Lake, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Bubble Up a Good Time”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The baths are outstanding- Saratoga is famous for their mineral bath water. The water is dark and rich with minerals which are good for you and your health. The spa workers were lovely and answered all of our questions...Fun

Visited January 2012
1 Thank dianesandlakeny
les_10002
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Mineral Bath Scam -- illustrated w/photo”
Reviewed July 12, 2008

My husband and I were in Saratoga Springs last week. Although we were a few weeks too early for the Saratoga Race Course season, we weren’t there to bet on the horses. We came for the water. The effervescent mineral water at the Lincoln Bath House, to be exact. Seemingly one of the best values among spa treatments is a soak in a mineral bath ($20 for 40 minutes; add $5 if you want an aromatherapy oil added).

Unfortunately, I didn’t learn until *after* my bath had been poured that the naturally cold, highly carbonated pale green mineral water is mixed with hot tap water to bring the water closer to body temperature. (The chlorinated tap water being added to the mineral water causes a reaction that turns the water a murky brown, as seen in the accompanying photo.) If you want an all mineral water soak, you need to specifically request it at the time you make your reservation. Considering the negative publicity the state-owned facility received after the New York Post reported last March that the mineral water was being diluted, I would have expected the staff to have volunteered this information upfront.

43 Thank msb_nyc
A TripAdvisor Member
“Warm and Freindly No nonsense Baths”
Reviewed April 30, 2004

I'm a Navy spouse who moved here a couple of years ago. I have been to Lincoln Mineral Baths many times and I have always had the greatest expereince. Everyone who visitis me from down south is treated to a bath in the soothing warm water. This is an affordable treat that anyone can afford. $24 for a herbal mineral bath right now, this is a great deal.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 2, 2003

I'm regularly in Albany on business, and whenever I can, I schedule some time to go up to the Lincoln Baths late in the afternoon - always worth the 45 min drive.

The atmosphere is great - lots of white glazed tile walls, metal partitions between the individual stalls, slightly rusty giant porcelain tubs - I can definitely see this place as the set for a 1930's horror movie about an old sanitarium. It's spotless, however, the staff is great, and the sheets and towels are all warmed for you. Incredibly relaxing, and the special services such as massage, reflexology, etc. are thorough, professional, and a bargain by Boston spa prices. Follow it up with a nice dinner at any one of several excellent restaurants in town, and it's the perfect end to a stressful business trip.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member