“The lowest paying slots I have encountered anywhere”

Saratoga Casino Hotel
NY
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“The lowest paying slots I have encountered anywhere”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This racino, run by the ny lottery has machines that in my experience pay out the lowest of any casino I have ever played in. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to win when I play the slots, but I usually can count on a decent couple of hours of entertainment for the money I am willing to lose. Having played here multiple times I can say I tend to lose so quickly it is not even fun. Further, I don't particularly enjoy the variety of slots, which I find limited. Add to that a pretty lousy buffet (and I do not expect gourmet food at a buffet) and limited other options and well, I find this place disappointing. It is clean and pretty, parking is easy, and I love that there is no smoking on the playing floor anywhere, but I like to know I at least have a chance of a decent win now and again, and I have just lost here so many times consecutively that I no longer find this place to be any fun. I can go spend my entertainment dollars in different casinos where maybe I can leave a bit ahead once in a while. It is a shame too because I love Saratoga as a vacation destination. Just my opinion as somebody who typically enjoys playing slots. Good luck if you try!
L.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank doclorenzo

Troy, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Great Few Hours”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent a few hours here last Monday evening (4/14/14) with my fiancé. Had dinner at Lucky and threw a bucks into the slots. Good time had by all. I am new to the area but will definitely be back a few days each month. The only negative is they charge for drinks on the floor as opposed to what you get at Foxwoods.

1 Thank Joel1951
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Rip Off!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place has gone downhill very fast. I do love watching the harness horses on a warm summer night. It's very relaxing and quite enjoyable.
The slots however, lol, you're better spending your money on scratch offs, rather than dumping into these tight, tight, God awful machines.

It is full of senior citizens, and drunks (I love seeing where my taxes are going. Thank God I pay SSI to feed these people's addiction). It's really hard to fathom how one could rip through $100 in a matter of about 15 minutes playing .25 to .50 a spin. Payouts are horrible! Even when you win
on a spin you rarely get your money back.
Perfect example, those stupid Michael Jackson games they have there. How many times can you play 40 lines (playing .40) and win .05, .10, or .15? Even when you get 5 in a row of something you might get $2 (5 spins worth).
Amazing thing is, I've played this EXACT game at Turning Stone and got paid quite frequently.
New York State is a JOKE in everything it does, so it's no surprise that this place is a POS!
Unless you have a serious gambling addiction, and don't feel like driving 90 miles west, STAY AWAY!

Also hilarious to see a bunch of chain smokers hanging out, outside the building, usually filthy and in dirty clothes. Great first impression!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank 172Kevin76
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Garden Buffet Management terrible”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went to the racino for the first time, and saw a member of the management, named Kelly, harassing another employee. It seemed she was making fun of him. We couldn't really enjoy our time after that. I told the bullied employee to file a report with OSHA and he stated that she does that to many other employees, and some have even left work or been fired because of her. Not a great experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lindsay7702
NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Clean and fun!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had fun just watching people..I went late one night and the place was packed..I also went to Club Vapor,,a very nice nite club with a very good DJ..I enjoyed the club but you are better off getting drinks at the Casino's bar...I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea at Vapor's bar,,the bartender came back with my drink within 10 seconds..That's pretty fast for a Long Island Ice Tea and it was a horrible drink...The bartender wasn't to either,,she just dropped my change,,didn't say anything and walked away..I still enjoyed the casino and Club Vapor, hope to return soon...

Visited March 2014