“Okay to pass a couple hours.....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saratoga Casino Hotel

Saratoga Casino Hotel
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Okay to pass a couple hours.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

In town on business and popped into the casino for a couple hours one evening. It was staying in Albany and it's a quick 25 minute trip straight up the highway.

It's a small casino with a racetrack - which was not running when I was there so cannot comment. Casino is dark and packed with various slot machines and video poker. Not the latest and greatest machines, but a few good ones to play on for a while. I would say the newest ones they had were one such as The Hangover, Michael Jackson & Sex & The City. But only a few. Mostly older ones. No smoking in the casino by the way for you smokers. Still fun for a couple hours. I didn't win big, but did walk in with 80 bucks and out with 240 in about an hour, so overall a good trip.

Certainly couldn't see spending an evening here playing, but good for a quick trip.

Visited November 2013

Latham, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“always a fun time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visit the casino and harness track fairly often and always have a good time. Plenty of parking , a good variety of machines and a few choices for food. I admit the food at the buffet can be hit or miss but the price is low enough for you to be able to find a decent plate. Lucky Joes is actually pretty good all the time and Fortunes is a great place to dine and play the horses. The OTB upstairs is your typical betting parlor and also fun to go to. Vapors is a great spot to watch football or see a show or to just relax and have a drink with friends. All and all a good time and sometimes we actually make some money!

Visited November 2013
Clarksburg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Play for fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Saratoga Racino: Parking is close and convenient. Casino has an average variety of machines ranging in denomination from .01 to $25. Soft drinks, coffee and water are complimentary. Alcohol beverages average $4.50. The machines tend to be a bit on the tight side. Every now and then someone hits for 3-4k. My advice, play for fun within your bankroll. I suggest Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun for more variety and better odds.

Southbridge, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice change of pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have to say we enjoyed out trip to the Saratoga Casino. I didn't know what to expect from a small casino in upstate New York. I was pleasantly surprised. There are actually a good number of slot machines and we had a really fun time. We didn't win in the long run but we were there for a long time. It seemed our money lasted longer than the CT casinos. There is no smoking inside but that was okay with me. The occasional trip outside was fine with me. The don't offer free alcohol but you can get complimentary non-alcoholic beverages while playing. We went to the bar and were very pleased at the reasonable drink prices. The staff that we encountered were all very friendly. We decided to try the buffet before leaving. Only $8.95 for dinner if you have a players card, and we ate even cheaper because of the player points we had accumulated. It was not a huge buffet but the food they have is all very well made and tasty. Then there were the cannoli. Don't leave the buffet without trying them. They were amazing! Overall we had a great day and would definitely go again.

new york
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“nice for many reasons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a fun place to watch and bet on harness races. On Tuesdays they have a good inexpensive meal for seniors. There is simulcast betting on the 2nd floor on races from all over the country. Bet on Santa Anita, Keeneland, Belmont, etc.This is the positive. The slot machines I stay away from;however, in November New Yorkers will vote on total casino gambling [blackjack,poker, etc.This would make it a gambler's paradise. NO SMOKING inside, people can breathe,which is great. Eventually they plan to build a hotel on the site.

2 Thank NewYorkRayman46