“Great Place!!”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great place to go when in the Saratoga Region. I really like the track right there so you can play the horses and go to the casino without any hassle. Cant wait to go back!!

Visited January 2012

Ottawa, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“crappy casino and pitiful buffet”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I can't speak for the race track but the casino is depressing. Honestly, it just really is. We joined the points club and the staff was very rude. The points club itself is just a complete waste of time, you pretty well need to drop thousands of dollars just to get any kind of benefit out of the program. In my experience, pretty much after playing a few hours one can get a free buffet or get some cashback - not here. We were just passing by, so I found the program doesn't really appeal to one-time visitors which is unfortunate because next time I'm passing through Saratoga...well, I'll just keep passing through.
The Buffet: I can't believe I made this error but I paid upfront before even having a peek of what was available. I wasn't expecting a vegas style buffet as this is a small town casino but in all my years, this is hands down the worst buffet I have ever eaten at. There's just simply nothing remotely attractive let alone there's hardly anything to choose from. I vividly remember the ham being GREY. In what universe is ham grey????

Visited June 2012
Saratoga Springs
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved it when it was a Harness Track”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was a regular since I was a kid in the 1940's. My family owned horses and it was a family place to be... Was great until they built the Casino and now I don't go anymore... Not the same...

New York City, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Bigger than expected”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went to the casino and its bigger than I expected. Lots of slots machines with a wide variety of games. Its smoke-free which was nice.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ArtNYC
NY
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“Pitiful...just pitiful”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well, never say never! We swore we wouldn't go back to this casino.....and then we did. In fact we went several times during the summer, spending a few hundred bucks between us each time. Imagine my surprise when the last time I went, I discovered they had taken away my measly $5 free slot play! WHAT???? A mistake?? Oh, no! They took away DH's $10 slot play and made it $5. One afternoon, after spending and of course losing well over $100 , I went to the buffet and they gave me 16 CENTS in comp. All that play and that's all you can do is take 16 cents off the bill? Pitiful
To give you an example of how poor this place is, take the Hollywood Slots in Bangor Maine: there, for the same amount of $ play, we get a free night in their gorgeous new hotel, 2 for 1 buffet comp and $25 free slot play each day. And that's not counting some decent wins and lots of play.
And at the Trop in Atlantic City, for not much more $play, we get 2 free nights in hotel, $50 food comp each day and $100 free slot play.....EACH DAY!
And Saratoga gives me 16 CENTS! Kinda gives you some perspective, doesn't it.
We usually ate at the buffet which is fair, the same every time. But we noticed even that has gone downhill. Yes, it is clean and the servers are pretty good but the selection is poor. The "prime rib" is never prime rib, just roast beef and tough roast beef at that. All this for $16 per person...wow!
Skip this place, save your money and go to a real casino.

Visited September 2012