“''Oh my gosh, Im going to be sick''”
Review of Design Motel

Design Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saratoga Springs
Design Motel
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Penfield, New York
“''Oh my gosh, Im going to be sick''”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

While up In Saratoga, ny, we stopped In at the Design Motel on Rt 9, just south of Saratoga. I should have known just from looking at the outside that this would be a mistake. The roof is mostly ''patched up'' which right off spells, neglect. When we asked to look at a room, my girlfriend just turned around and ran out. Black mold in the shower, dirty filthy carpets, cigarette burns all over the floor, rugs trying to cover the nasty rug at places. It looked like there were many rooms rented to homeless people or what they call ''weeklys''. It was racing season, and we could have had this room for only....135.00......are you serious. When checking with the chamber of commerence there we found they just made a face and said...''please, Its an eyesore. It was unreal, .....I still have nightmares.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank coach787

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have TRIED to give them the Benefit of the Doubt as Ive stayed there 1 Time Every FIVE YEARS - H O PI N G That SOMTHING Would have changed.

Niw The Good Thing ( if ANY GOOD Can be said) IS the Rates ARE USUALLY - last I was there VERY FAIR - Maybe around $100 - $150 Night, rather close to the Track.. HOWEVER!!!

WOW- W H A T A DUMP!!!

FULL of BUGS/ Matresses that W I L L Give you a major bachache when you wake up - IF You CAN Ever get to sleep, MINIMAL Towels provided, and a TOTAL LAck of service..

I GUESS, that when U have run a Hotel there that NO MATTER WHAT - IF it HAS Vacancy it WILL Be Booked up, then I GUESS One must not have to invest Too much in EITHER Staff! ( Staff is VERY COLD - again last I wa sthere prob about 3 years ago) maintainenece, cleaning personell, I REALLY Dont think they even exist. I Stayed there once ( My FORST EXpereince there) when i was on my own, and my friends would pick me up there, ( Close for them, and take me to teh track, both in the Mornings, time the horses, see a few friends of mine, Trainers, and other Track "Help" etc etc, SO AS For LOCATION, and Vs./ PRICE ( I F It IS Indeed AROUND THE SAME Rates as before, if U R Alone, and dont mind slumming it, Well then the last time I was there, I think the rate was between 100-150 - IF I Recakkc orrectly last time it was 150$ A night... Usually never full, except for people who are in dire need to FIND A HOTEL I guess either a few days before, and everything else is sold out, OR I would suppose in other caes, IF the room they PRIGINALLY Wanted/Booked, whatever had an issue and they couldnt be accomodated, THATS Where yuuou find them

Its a VERY GROSS HOTEL - BUT IF the rate is still around say $125 - I THINK its IOMPOSSIBLE to be so "Rather Close" to the track, then the LOCATION Makes it worth while _ I F U Can overcome the Bugs, and Matresses, Towels, sheets, anbd well EVERYTHING ELSE that a Hotel/ Motel USUALLY STRIVES To MAKE RIGHT! Last I recalkl they couldnt care less

Hope it helps

Basically my thoughts - IF U R STUCK, cant find a room, and You CAN Find a room there amnd it isnt for OVER 3 Days (2 Nights well then WHY NOT - Im pretty sure U will have an "Experience" AGAIN I MUST WARN/ And PRECAUTION I havent been there in a while, although when I drive by it STILL Looks like a D U M P!!!

Just my thoughst and I HAVE STAyed there more then just 1-2-3 times, I HAVE TRIED To thing in my mind that the place M U S T Have chnaged- each time though it was same old same old- On a side note they have a GREAT BBQ Jointright next door, there USED To b a Tom Collins rather good Resturant, where you wont get "Clipped" But food IS BETTER Then AVERAGE- actually I Gottasay Q U IT E GOOD! Main thing - INCREDIBLY CLOSE To the track-

Hope thsi helps

Room Tip: I believe there all the same - Just hope for the best hopefully at least ONE- TWO ROOMS Have been re...