“romantic getaway”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Malta, New York
“romantic getaway”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Beautiful buildings, rooms and restaurant very clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful, so friendly and accommodating. Food was excellent and there was a lot of it. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Longfellows Hotel is a beautiful facility with a great staff. Our loft room was very clean and overlooked the woods. We also attended a wonderfully prepared celebration dinner at the restaurant. We wittnessed a wedding reception that was taking place in another part of the facility, which was beautifully decorated and catered. Will definitely come back again. It is also located minutes from downtown Saratoga with tons of stuff to do.

Room Tip: Loft rooms are a great change of pace from the ordinary.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael L
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our family has been traveling to Saratoga for years and somehow never tried this gem. We usually eat at the Olde Bryan Inn ( which is wonderful ) but from what I understand this is owned by the same company so I was so pleased to find this place!

For starters, the service was amazing. Our server was Keenan and he was so nice. My daughter wanted haddock ( which they did not have a kids portion of ) so he went down to the kitchen to ask them to make her a kids portion. Now THAT is service! To start, they bring out nice warm rolls with flavored butter. Delicious. I got the $21.99 3 course meal with a Maple Scallop chowder to start, bacon wrapped meatloaf with potatos for dinner and chocolate mouse for dessert.

Everyone at our table loved their food, great atmosphere and simply a great place to visit. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VernonCT
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Longfellows Hotel is a wonderful facility with very friendly staff and a cozy atmosphere. I stayed there recently on a bus tour, and found everything to be perfect. My room was wonderful, and very clean. The bathroom had both a glass-enclosed shower and a jacuzzi. I loved the cookies provided daily. The grounds are very peaceful and picturesque.

Room Tip: Great view of the gazebo.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Karen B
Gloversville, New York
Reviewed April 19, 2014

It was my husband's Birthday and I wanted it to be special. I had seen the web page for Longfellow's while browsing the internet. When I read the Romance Package, I knew that was it!
I made the reservations and told him nothing of my plans. I chose the King Loft Room. I drove and when I turned up the Northway he had no idea where we were going. He was amazed when we pulled in the parking lot. "WOW we are eating here? " he said. I said "you'll see"! The room was amazing, had no feeling of being in a hotel because of its size with the loft bedroom. Champagne and chocolates were waiting for us. Dinner was wonderful in front of the fireplace. We had the full menu of delicious gourmet food to choose from. Our Waiter was wonderful and attended to our every need. It was a wonderful meal .. we took our desserts back to the room as we were so full. His Birthday was just how I had hoped it would be and the staff were amazing .. Can never thank them enough for all they did. From the front desk to even the bus boy .they all made our stay above and beyond .. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: the King Loft Room is amazing so beautiful !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night before we headed out to finish our road trip. We booked the romance package which is awesome and totally worth it. For an amazing price we stayed in the King Loft room, champagne/chocolates and a four course dinner for two. The room was amazing, so cozy with a TV in the lower floor in the living room as well as in the loft with the King sized bed. There is a fridge in the room which is totally needed because you WILL have leftovers for the insane amount of food at dinner.

Room Tip: King Loft room was fabulous. SO COZY. Definitely recommend (if you don't mind walking up all the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margherita P
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've been traveling to Saratoga Springs for both business and pleasure a few times per month for over 25 years. About 15 years ago I attended a business meeting at Longfellows, and I was impressed by its originality. I have since made Longfellows my first choice for accommodations. The staff is excellent, the rooms are great and so is the food. The complex is also located just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Saratoga, yet close enough to see the lights of the city glowing from just a mile or two away after dark. I highly recommend Longfellows for business or fun when visiting the great area of Saratoga Springs. Daniel Grannis

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business