“No up to the standard of Mrs. London's!”

Max London's Restaurant + Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake
Description: Max London’s is a casual restaurant & bar committed to a high standard of food and drink. Our passion to provide real food from real farms in our area inspires our seasonal menu. You can enjoy a classic or signature cocktail, a glass of artisanal wine or locally brewed craft beer in an atmosphere that’s warm, welcoming and comfortable. We make all of our organic breads & Max’s mom, Wendy, Mrs. London herself, makes all our desserts, including our incredible sorbets & ice creams. Our Friday, Saturday & Sunday BRUNCH specialties include blue corn buttermilk pancakes, authentic yeast-raised Beligian waffles, omelettes made with the eggs from the heritage breed chickens of American Masala Farm in Hebron, duck hash, & cheeseburgers made from local grass-fed beef. Other features include a soup, pasta & risotto of the day, a slow-roasted pork or smoked beef brisket sandwich, chickpea polenta fries, steak frites from the potatoes of Sheldon Farms in Salem (we make our own ketchup) & smoked salmon (we make our own bialys). Our DINNER offerings always include fish & shellfish, steak, vegetarian fishes, salads, small plates & all of our wood fired pizzas, which are always available, even on our bar menu between lunch and dinner. The pizzas include the classic margherita (yes, we even make our mozzarella), mushroom, sausage, clam and a BLT pizza with Bacon, Leeks, roasted cherry tomatoes and Coach Farm goat cheese. Max London’s is Real food, Real fun & the Real deal. And we at Max London’s hope to see you again Real soon.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having had many delicious sandwiches and baked foods at the adjoining cafe, Mrs. London's, I expected the same quality at the larger and bustling Max London's. While the ingredients could not be faulted, the results were merely average or slightly above average. The omelets' ingredients were not integrated into the egg, but rather wrapped in as in a turnover or burrito. The salmon plate was fine, but the smoked salmon did not melt in my mouth, and I have had as good at an ordinary deli. Drinks, a Bellini and a Bloody Mary, were excellent, but way overpriced at $10.00. At least the brunch entrees were more reasonably priced. The room was a bit noisy. The waiter was excellent and expertly saw to special requests.

2  Thank RalphH42

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a brilliant brunch and then booked for dinner with a party of 8 and had a great dinner. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and they gave us the best table in the house, near the kitchen which was fun. Definitely make it one of your stops when you come to town. If you are coming in Aug. book early.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been coming to Saratoga Springs for several years on business. During this time I've sampled many of the local establishments. I find Max London's to be one of the best for great food and a good nouveau restaurant vibe. During my most recent visit I had the fabulous beet salad and a mushroom veal papradelle pasta. Both were well prepared and served by our efficient server, Francesca. My only caution on Max London's is that it the vibe and energy are not the best for a quiet romantic or confidential business dinner but, then that's not the kind of place it is.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wonderful food, service, atmosphere. My favorite restaurant in Saratoga. I had never been in, was expecting lots of attitude, but instead got great food and friendly service. I had the Rock Shrimp (try it with bread for the sauce), my favorite. Pizza is great, nice salad. The best Manhattan I've ever had. You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fantastic place for brunch. I had a terrific in-house smoked beef brisket sandwich that was truly mouth watering. I expected a small, delicate portion given that the place has a nouveau atmosphere. What I received was fresh food in a Man Vs. Food sized helping of succulent beef brisket on a homemade roll with a perfect sauce. I've always liked Mrs. London' bakery next door and the chef sure knows how to make bread taste wonderful. The price was quite reasonable, but I might expect dinner to be a bit expensive. One of the best meals I've had in Saratoga. One of the best BBQ sandwiches I've ever had including anything I've had in Texas, Chicago, or NYC.

Great place for a date. Might be very expensive for a big party such as a rehearsal dinner, but oh would it be worth every penny!!!