“Good Coffee and Friendly ambience”

Saratoga Coffee Traders
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yesterday, Me and my wife were wandering through the Saratoga Broadway and decided to go in for a coffee and a bite. We liked the look of the place and stepped in around 5PM.
The service was very good and the staff friendly. I got an extra refill for my mug of tea.
Being a vegetarian i always have trouble identifying good fresh food. This place was definitely a find. We ordered a Veg Wrap & a Panini, both were really good and fresh. You could get the crispy freshness along with the juices from the perfectly chosen dressings.
I would recommend it for the casual traveler.

Date of visit: March 2013

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The tomato soup hit the spot on the rainy/slushy day we visited. It was non-creamy and quite spicy, neither of which I expected, but both of which I enjoyed. When my daughter asked for soup crackers, they apologized for not having any and kindly toasted some ciabatta for us, at no extra charge. The veggie pannini we shared was fantastic. The only drawback was that it seemed a bit shabby inside... a little paint touch-up and chair replacement could go a long way towards making the atmosphere more enjoyable. The food and service were very good, however. Just a suggestion for improvement in ambiance.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

A few bucks more than i typically want to spend on a sandwich at lunch, but well worth it. Very tasty and very friendly staff. Glad we stopped on our way through NY.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

So, I'm on Broadway, the main street in Saratoga Springs (AKA Saratoga) after a long travel day and I ask a fellow sidewalk wanderer where I might get a good cup of soup. He smiles broadly and points over his shoulder to Saratoga Coffee Traders (SCT) just down the block: Excellent soup; excellent coffee, he says.

The cook (owner too?) tells me about the three soups he's made from scratch, including a tomato/basil, my first choice. I ask for his recommendation for a go-with fill-my-tummy item and he whips up a grilled cheese sandwich. The soup and sandwich are superb - hot, fresh, tasty.
We get into a conversation that spirals deeply into some shared interests - adding even more zest to my delightful late-night comfort food.

The next morning, on my way to a meeting at the New York State Military Museum nearby, I dash into the Coffee Traders for a dark-bold coffee. One sip...mmmm. So good! Make that excellent - bold but not knock off your socks strength; delightful smooth finish. I buy a refill for my stroll to the museum, wishing I could purchase a gallon to take home.

My visits were short, but my memories of a perfect cup of coffee will be long.

SCT has a website worth visiting, by the way.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't write about their different blends they have but I enjoy the atmosphere that they have there. Several small tables and outdoor seating (right in the heart of Broadway) at the front and then a smaller, more comfy area in the back. Their staff was friendly and helpful and it was kinda fun watching them all work in their small area. They have a nice variety of menu items but both panini's we picked were lacking. They weren't toasted well and the ingredients inside the panini's were sort of lacking in amount and quality which made for an underwhelming meal. Other than the food we had, the place is nice and I would give it another try but maybe next time with a wrap (which I saw a few other customers have that looked good).

Date of visit: October 2012