“Serendipity in Saratoga Springs NY”

Saratoga Coffee Traders
Reviewed November 16, 2012

So, I'm on Broadway, the main street in Saratoga Springs (AKA Saratoga) after a long travel day and I ask a fellow sidewalk wanderer where I might get a good cup of soup. He smiles broadly and points over his shoulder to Saratoga Coffee Traders (SCT) just down the block: Excellent soup; excellent coffee, he says.

The cook (owner too?) tells me about the three soups he's made from scratch, including a tomato/basil, my first choice. I ask for his recommendation for a go-with fill-my-tummy item and he whips up a grilled cheese sandwich. The soup and sandwich are superb - hot, fresh, tasty.
We get into a conversation that spirals deeply into some shared interests - adding even more zest to my delightful late-night comfort food.

The next morning, on my way to a meeting at the New York State Military Museum nearby, I dash into the Coffee Traders for a dark-bold coffee. One sip...mmmm. So good! Make that excellent - bold but not knock off your socks strength; delightful smooth finish. I buy a refill for my stroll to the museum, wishing I could purchase a gallon to take home.

My visits were short, but my memories of a perfect cup of coffee will be long.

SCT has a website worth visiting, by the way.

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm not a coffee drinker so I can't write about their different blends they have but I enjoy the atmosphere that they have there. Several small tables and outdoor seating (right in the heart of Broadway) at the front and then a smaller, more comfy area in the back. Their staff was friendly and helpful and it was kinda fun watching them all work in their small area. They have a nice variety of menu items but both panini's we picked were lacking. They weren't toasted well and the ingredients inside the panini's were sort of lacking in amount and quality which made for an underwhelming meal. Other than the food we had, the place is nice and I would give it another try but maybe next time with a wrap (which I saw a few other customers have that looked good).

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A terrible disappointment after 6 months.
No interaction from the owner.
Rude interactions from the staff .
Why $pend money here?
The basics of good service are not being met.
I CAN DO BETTER.
This was their second chance with me.in a year and a half.They blew it again.Saratoga Coffee Traitors will never reach anything of potential.

Date of visit: July 2012
3  Thank Darkwing D
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Really tasteful coffee is so unavailable, whether at Starbucks or our food co-op.
Bit this place has it.
The kind of taste that you cherish and remember.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Cozy and fun. Big penny candy section in back if cafe.